Earlier this week, Lukas had a vet visit, His kidney panel came back better than expected given that changes are happening and he will have chronic kidney disease until he passes away. Because of his kidney issues, however, he has developed high blood pressure for which daily medication is now required. Additionally, he is having allergy troubles so was given antihistamine medication. He returns to his vet next week to check that the blood pressure medication is doing the job and is meanwhile enjoying food, companionship, naps and toys. He will celebrate his third anniversary with me at the end of the month and his tenth birthday. Extra treats are in store.
Other than that, a thank you is in order to Wisewebwoman who late in 2020 lamented a lack of good Irish tea. I went looking and found it on a large online retailer and gave her that suggestion and have since started drinking the decaffeinated version of it myself.

9 comments:
I am glad (for both of you) that Lukas found a home with you.
And endlessly grateful to the other denizens of the blogosphere - for so many things.
Oh, Lukas! I hope that he still has some very good years left to enjoy his life with you.
He has such a loving home. So pleased that the two of you are together.
I am so glad about the tea, EC, I just love Barry's tea!
And may Lukas and your dear self enjoy many years together. You really lucked out with each other (people would say that to me when they'd see my dear rescue Ansa and myself). It is charming isn't it?
XO
WWW
The Internet is amazing, how it links us all and helps us share these little tidbits of knowledge. (Like sourcing good Irish tea.)
I echo what Martha says above, so pleased that the two of you are together.
It has not been easy for you but it must make you happy to know how lucky Lukas is that you have given him such a loving and caring home.
I love that photo.. Happy for Lukas to have such a special home and human!
What a great shot of Lukas.
We brought some Irish tea home when we visited Ireland. Honestly, though, my go-to tea is Tazo Zen green tea.
Post a Comment