The last few weeks have been interesting. The city and parts of the county were under a precautionary boil water order for four days which the water department did a poor job of publicizing. I am fortunate to have a friend in the county health department who alerted me. Because I was stocked for both pandemic and hurricanes, I had bottled water, so Lukas and I were fine.
Regarding the shower, it was sparkling in the photo because it was new. While I do keep it clean, the caulk is showing some age and the area below the bench with buckling tiles shows some wear. I've decided to hold off on the repair for now since I can use the hose and stool on the opposite side of the shower or use the kitchen sink as needed.
Several acquaintances have had COVID since just after Thanksgiving. One posted their get togethers sans masks and not distancing on social media with a family member exclaiming over their bad luck and asking for prayers. They gathered despite CDC warnings about not mixing households and asking that people remain at home. They even had a non-family member join them, I just hope they did not infect anyone else. I guess the fact that asymptomatic people can infect others doesn't mean much either. These people are educated and should know better. Does everyone in this country have their heads up their asses? Not the first time I have wondered though I've never done so aloud here before.
As for me, I have done my bit for the holidays, sent e-cards, called those I can and exhaled. Every year gets a bit easier in terms of releasing expectations and simply enjoying every day. New Years has always been bittersweet since the death of a companion years ago.
Other than an online movie watch party, the coming days will be as usual which is fine by me. I've been climbing the family tree, reading one of four books from my TBR pile and watching various period historical pieces on You Tube or Amazon Prime. The politics and plagues of past generations somehow seem eerily similar but for a few beheadings.
I wish all who celebrate a happy holiday and a healthy 2021!

7 comments:
I am glad that you weren't caught out on the boil water thing - which SHOULD have been publicised.
Sigh at all the people who think it cannot happen to them, and ignore the people that they may infect.
And here's to a happy and healthy holiday and year for us all.
Happy holidays to you. You have it all set and you sound just fine. Keep well.
Yes. In fact people DO have their heads up their asses.
Enjoy your movie-watching party!
I'm laughing at your "heads up their asses" comment! YES, is the answer. Maybe not everyone, but it sometimes seems that way.
What's the picture? Is it St. Petersburg or Ybor?
Thanks. I really feel let down and disgusted at people these days.
St. Pete.
"heads up their asses" HAHAHA! My sentiments exactly. I can't wrap my head around it.
Wishing you a happy holiday season!
Post a Comment