Saturday, July 25, 2020

Life Goes On...

How was your week?

I'm sitting here on a Saturday attempting to psych myself up to deal with the grocery order I have just placed for delivery later this afternoon. I'm hoping not to have to contact Amazon regarding a blocked front door and delivery people not following instructions. They have made their customer service online very hard to use.

Things here are otherwise quiet. My meditations this week have gone well except for one which was a Zoom group suddenly "bombed" by a party who had somehow obtained the password and inserted live sexually explicit video on our screens. This was turned off and the group finished quickly.

You really do have to wonder about people who feel the need to hijack Zoom meetings with this type of content. In the spirit of the meeting, I elected to send our meditation to this entity. Supposedly, if sent, this meditation can be felt by the receiver.

May you be peaceful and happy
May you be safe from harm
May you be as strong and healthy as you can be and
May you live with the ease of well-being.

I am still catching up on sleep.

Cheers...

10 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

I am glad that things are 'mostly' quiet for you.
And a huge sigh at the Zoom interlopers.
And another at customer service, which certainly doesn't serve the customer.
Stay safe, stay well.

Elephant's Child said...

PS: I love that meditation. Something I suspect we ALL need. Thank you.

Boud said...

I've thinking about you and hoping you are doing well. That bombing is a Zoom thing, attention seeking people. Very sorry they invaded your group. But they don't seem able to shake your inner peace, good.

Hoping the phone call works out, too.

Live and Learn said...

We have had a couple of Zoom bombers like that at virtual programs at our library. Thankfully, they were adult programs instead of ones for kids. I can only guess that the bombers of getting some kind of adrenaline rush from the bombing, but I find them quite upsetting.

Shaheen said...

Its been a somewhat unusual week for me, with lots of priorities, pressure and deadlines which impacting on my stress levels and my stomach ulcer which i thought i had under control. It really knocked me out. I was off sick from work the first part of the week, but the deadlines still had to be met, so was back in work. So that was my week, making the most of my Sunday with rest before going back to it all again, but hoping the next week is brings some positive news. Yes, sadly i have attended a zoom meeting that was bombed also by sexually explicit images, so now we have to register and the host lets people in knowing that they have registered or on recognition of their names. Sorry this happened to your group, i don't understand what goes on in peoples heads, perhaps just a bored teenage prank. The meditation is really lovely, thank you for sharing and i hope you catch up on some restful sleep.

37paddington said...

A lovely meditation.

HBF said...

I have need heard of a Zoom meeting hijacking. That sounds awful!Thank you for the meditation <3

Steve Reed said...

How did people react?! I've never been zoom-bombed but apparently it has happened to some of our school's online classes. Imagine teaching kids and having THAT happen! (Of course, the kids themselves may be doing it...)

Secret Agent Woman said...

I've heard about Zoom bombing. What a bizarre use of someone's time and energy.

jenny_o said...

That is a truly lovely meditation, e.

I've heard about the Zoom bombing too. The platform is not secure and so many folks have been using it. It's not so bad for adults, but they're bombing kids get-togethers too. Stupidity!