Thursday, May 21, 2020

A Gorgeous Day...

And a reminder that life can be fleeting...My cousin Mike would be 55 today...He died at 23 in 1989...


 The top photo was taken in 1984 at our grandparents 50th anniversary party. The bottom picture is my birthday in 1969 at our grandparents.

12 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Twenty-three is far too young.
And I have reached the age where fifty five seems young too.
I love the range of photos you have available to you and hope that the gorgeous days continue.

LL Cool Joe said...

Yes life is fleeting, and now more than ever.

Live and Learn said...

Although I'm sure that you are feeling a bit sad as you remember your cousin, Mike, I hope you are having some good family memories today.

37paddington said...

This strange season has me remembering all my loved ones who've died. Great old photos.

e said...

Unfortunately true...

e said...

Thanks, that is kind of you to say, and yes, a few...

e said...

Thanks. We face our mortality every day now.

jenny_o said...

Twenty-three is so young. So much life unlived. Photos are a mixed blessing, for me, anyway. They bring back memories and sometimes those memories make me very sad. I find it hard to see pictures of my dad, especially the years after his stroke. He fought so hard and it all just makes me want to cry, although it's been five years now since he passed and thirteen years since his stroke. It seems like far less.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is sad. Twenty three is so young :(

e said...

I'm sorry for your loss and sadness. You obviously loved him very much.

e said...

Yes, but thinking of him also makes me smile because he was such a nice guy.

Jenny Woolf said...

That is very sad. Twenty three is a bad age to die. I am so sorry.