That is the amount of time I have been on the phone with Instacart, the third party vendor whose employees fill and deliver orders for supermarkets including Publix and Aldi in my area. I have once again failed to change a password and cannot access my account, despite four attempts. My email regarding this received a cheery but completely ineffectual, "Thank you for your email."
This is characteristic of my previous experience with this company over a year ago. Their workers are threatening a strike unless safety concerns and pay demands are met which is slated to begin tomorrow. While I sympathize with workers, most of whom are putting themselves at risk, the issues I have are with customer service people who sit in front of screens, never see the customer and do not seem to give a flip about resolving an issue effectively. Without this resolution, I will not be able to order grocery delivery online, a real problem for me at this time.
The county in which I reside is under a "safer at home" order as of last Friday, so non-essential workers are now home-bound except for grocery, medical or pharmacy needs. Public transport is still operating but is risky and to be used only as essential.
I may ask a friend or two in a pinch but this isn't something most people want to do long term, so I'm wondering how to deal with this...
I hope you are all well. Cheers.
11 comments:
I am so very sorry - and hope that a solution (other than asking friends) can be found.
A sheer overload of orders is causing problems with on-line grocery shopping here.
Hugs. Today and every day.
I think this is the pinch in which you can ask a friend. It won't be forever.
Its very difficult in Britain too. Here in London you just about can't get a delivery of any kind from any large supermarket. We're hoping that small local businesses who offer deliveries will be able to continue and won't be laid low by the virus.
I think that Boud is right.
This is hard. Might be a moment to fall back on Amazon delivery, much as I hate its global reign.
I think Boud is right too, as is 37P -- any chance you can order from Amazon? Is there any other delivery option? We have a couple of competing delivery firms here but they're wall-to-wall booked at the moment.
I'm sorry your are dealing with this at this time. I hope it all gets sorted out.
How frustrating. And a bit frightening. I agree with Boud and the others who have said this *is* that pinch if you can't soon resolve the delivery service. Good luck; perhaps a fresh try tomorrow will work. I was thinking of you when I heard the other day that there is a two to three week waiting period here for delivered groceries. I expected it would probably be that way in many places.
And re-reading, I realize the time delay is not the concern you are having at the moment. Reading too fast! Customer service is vital in these times when so many people can't get out.
My husband has been glad to help his friend out with stocking up and in fact really enjoys getting the chance to see him and is grateful for the chance to help. Boud said it. And I relate to customer service issues-we came up against our own wall the other day, thankfully resolved itself within the week but for a while we weren't sure it would! Good luck and good vibes :o)
My goodness. I'm so so sorry you have to go through this. Ack. I wish I could do something to help you out.
Post a Comment