Friday, March 20, 2020

Braving the Stores...

I ventured out on Tuesday. It took longer to get through the line at the till than it did to find my groceries at Aldi. Publix wasn't quite as crowded but shelves were bare of cleaning supplies, sanitizer and toilet paper. 

My adventures in ordering toilet paper from Amazon have been equally fraught as I placed an order then realized the seller had horrible reviews and I would not get it for a month. I've had to speak with Amazon directly this morning. They contacted the seller on my behalf and I'm to wait 48 hours and call Amazon again should no response come from the seller. I have two small packs, so six rolls and I was looking for one more.

The roofers and air conditioning people have been and gone, hopefully for good. The air is functioning and all is quiet but for the muted sounds of my nearest neighbor's television.

While the AC contractors were here, one of them mentioned that there was a bit of rust around my panel box in the apartment, so evidently, the leak from the roof may have been wider than originally suspected. The conduit and wiring on the roof for the compressors was also in bad condition due to age and time and has been replaced. Not to have done so would have left a potential fire hazard. Done and dusted, as the saying goes.

Cheers and be well.




9 comments:

Live and Learn said...

I'm glad they were able to address the other serious problems while working on your AC. We went to the store yesterday, and hopefully we won't have to go again for a while.

Ms. Moon said...

You were brave to go out, lady!
How great that the repairs are done. That's one thing you do not have to worry about.

Boud said...

I guess you really needed that grocery store visit. It's so strange to need an act of courage to shop for food. But I hope you can continue to be safe

Very glad the home safety is now done, too.

Steve Reed said...

I'm glad the a/c situation was addressed, and relatively quickly. Woo hoo! Hope the toilet paper situation is promptly resolved as well.

Elephant's Child said...

I am glad that a potential problem was nipped in the bud.
Our stores are pretty bare too. The Dignity Drive is on again where we are asked to contribute sanitary items so that disadvantaged women don't have to choose between dignity or food. Judging by the state of our stores anyone who can't stockpile (which includes the homeless and the poor) will have to do without dignity AND have a limited choice of food. Hiss and spit.
Stay well - and hugs.

Anonymous said...

This toilet paper madness at the stores has really gotten out of hand. I hope your online order works out.

Friko said...

Good to get things done now, before everybody goes into lockdown.
As for loo roll, what on earth is wrong with people? We are NOT going to run out, the manufacturers say and the supermarkets.

jenny_o said...

Good to have that over with, and relatively quickly.

Take care, e.

The Happy Whisk said...

Glad it's done and dusted and, that you got to talk with Amazon.
Crazy world, this.