Two organic fresh chopped tomatoes
Organic greens
Organic baby carrots
Chopped yellow squash
Organic butternut squash
Green beans
Chili seasoning
1 package of assorted chili beans and spices
1 well-used slow cooker
6 hours
With rice, this will be several meals this week and next, along with chopped salad and fruit. Though hardly glamorous, it should be good...
I was feeling so good after the LMT loosened my back that I cooked, did the laundry and sat outside until a nosy neighbor appeared. I'm not sure why but they have a habit of doing that, and just when I was really silently loving the sunshine and breeze...
Retreating indoors, I completed chores and spent time with the cat. He insists on being in whatever part of the apartment I occupy and it is usually littered with toys, so picking them up has become an invitation to play and a game we both enjoy. Of course, he is sleeping soundly as a result. I, on the other hand, glance at the time, noting that it is 3:15 AM. But, hey, at least I'm not plunging a toilet!
Cheers.
Photo by M. Crane
Apropos of nothing, just a gorgeous day...

9 comments:
Maybe the neighbour is lonely, or thinks you are!
You sound so optimistic, it's good to read. And I totally agree with the cooking that is good for several meals. I like the sound of this recipe.
I had never thought about using using chili seasoning with that combo of vegetables. Sounds good. Hope sleep comes sooner tonight.
That's the old St. Pete Pier in that photo! Hasn't it been torn down? Anyway, glad you've had a nice day and the chili sounds yummy!
I'm glad you had a nice day.
That sounds like a productive and pleasant day (bar the neighbour).
Serendipity at play again. I was up at 3.15 too (except it was when I gave in and got up rather than still being up).
I do like perpetual dinners which you can add to as the week goes on, and this sounds tasty. Very tasty.
I kind of enjoy nosy neighbors because I think I am one. Sounds like a wonderful day.
That chili sounds wonderful. I prefer solid meals, not exciting ones.
I don't like when people invade my time and space, either :D
That sounds like a lovely chili! I haven't had that in ages.
Post a Comment