After getting home yesterday, I put in a hard ten hours sorting, clearing, unpacking, breaking down boxes and putting out trash. My neighbor deserted me early on and a friend who transported me and stuff and got us both lunch left after telling me I could do this over several days.
That might sound like a good idea to him but he isn't in a wheelchair that takes extra space to get around in nor does he live in a small apartment or face the obstacle course that a small space becomes in these circumstances.
Thanks to another friend who came over on the fly despite the fact she had evening plans, I was able with a little help to get a lot done in one hour. The bed, made up by my male friend was cleared off, the bathroom unpacked and the kitchen and bathroom floors swept and mopped. Empty boxes were broken down and placed in outside recycling bins. We also unpacked bagged up sheets and towels. It is amazing what two can do!
I will be washing dishes later today, Meantime, it's back to bed for a bit.
Cheers!

20 comments:
Oh, that sounds like a lot of work, wheelchair or not. Are you finding things to get rid of as you handle everything? I find I become complacent about getting rid of things sometimes until things get stirred up. Moving a couple of years ago is a big example of that for me.
Glad you're back home again!
Welcome home, you.
What a marathon! I'm glad you have got it sorted. It must be so hard to do when in a wheelchair. I am glad you have friends who were willing to help in their various ways.
It sounds like a marathon effort. I am so glad that your friend at least made the bed. I hope you got a heap of sleep.
When does Lukas come home (though he might have enjoyed the boxes in the unpacking)?
Home is home. So nice to have good and considerate friends.
Just glad to know that you're home. Won't it feel lovely when it's all done?
Lovely that you are home. Thank goodness for good friends that help out!
10 hours! I bet you were exhausted by the end of all that but I get the drive to have it finished.
It is a lot of work and yes I did find a few things despite a pared down existence.
Thanks. I wish I could say the same.
Thank you.
It is more difficult which makes any help priceless and appreciated.
There was stuff everywhere and trips to the dumpster and he would not have enjoyed being kept away from the front door. I did not want him underfoot so he arrived home the day after I did.
Yes and they include you for visiting here. I wish you a good week!
Yes, but it is so tiring...I could sleep for a week!
thanks, Martha!
I am still exhausted, and not quite done...Thanks.
That all sounds pretty knackering, but I'm glad you have friends who can help.
I'm glad you had some help, even though it was not from those you were relying on. Ten hours of work is a long, long day.
Post a Comment