As my cough fades, I am organizing accommodation for Lukas and myself as both of us need to vacate our home for a few days in October due to a scheduled tenting and extermination for termites.
Funnily enough, my exterminator checks during his visits and has told me several times that there is no new damage that he can see in my unit. Apparently, all the action is upstairs in the apartment with the roof leak and mold problem.
Preparing and packing up, getting keys cut and emptying the refrigerator and freezer as well as any other open consumables takes a fair bit of work for which I'll enlist help.
Today though we had an afternoon rain, complete with what a friend calls rolling thunder. For a while, the heavens erupted, saturating whatever lay beneath. Tomorrow, the grass will need mowing, a job I am happy not to be obliged to do.
As a young person, I once attempted to cut grass on the riding mower belonging to my maternal grandfather. I thought I put forth a decent effort until he alas complained that his grass was more wavy than a hula girl's hips.
Wishing you all a good evening...
7 comments:
Good luck. I have mowed the lawn. Occasionally. The effort I put in was NOT matched by the results.
I hope your night is pleasant and peaceful.
Good morning. I cut the grass yesterday with a hover mower, so I don't have to worry about straight lines. My partner cuts the rest with a sit on mower. We have 13 acres so straight lines aren't high on the list of priorities, just making sure it's not knee high is an achievement.
I hope that your small evacuation of your home goes easily and is not too much of a disruption.
It must be good to know that things are being taken care of in regards to prevention of insect damage. And lawn mowing too.
Wavy grass sounds kind of nice, actually!
What Steve said. I hope your temporary accommodations are agreeable, maybe even fun.
What happens after the extermination process - do you have to clean up? Does the company do it? Lordy, sounds like a lot of work.
I used to cut the grass with a regular lawn mower back when I was young and fit. I think it would kill me now. I'm lucky my husband considers mowing fun.
From all I hear of termites it makes me really glad that they are not a problem in England!
Post a Comment