I missed my Aunt's centennial birthday celebration entirely. A virus kept me home bound and in bed for several days. The best I could manage was sending flowers and a charitable donation in her honor. Never have I been so disappointed to miss an event. Hardly a social butterfly, it is a measure of my love for my Aunt and her daughter that I would plan, buy a dress, travel and stay in a hotel to see and spend time with them. I also missed cousins and my mother's brother and his wife.
Amid writing thank you cards for my own birthday, I am planning with another friend to host a small gathering for the birthday of a mutual friend this weekend, barring any storm-related problems from Dorian.
Meanwhile, Lukas and I enjoy being out of the heat as more rain approaches.
Cheers!
6 comments:
What a disappointment! I'm so sorry you were sick.
I am so sorry that you were forced to miss it - and am sure your heart made the trip.
Hugs.
Even we introverts like seeing people we are in tune with, eh? How disappointing for you, to miss the special birthday get-together. Another of life's little surprises. I hope you're feeling back to yourself now.
Oh no! So sorry you missed it! Did you travel anyway and then have to remain in the hotel, or did you lose money on the reservation? I hope not. In any case, I'm sorry you weren't able to go. At least you have a new dress to wear somewhere next time you go out!
You may have missed the birthday, but you could still visit. And probably spend a little more with your Aunt without so many people around. So sorry you were sick, but you did the right thing in not going. You didn't want to pass on your virus to your Aunt.
And here's hoping Dorian does not cause a rescheduling of the birthday event this weekend.
Feel better and be safe.
Post a Comment