Wednesday, July 17, 2019

A Lovely Surprise...

My Saturday trip to the big box store saw me turning in my haywire HP and buying a new-ish never out of the box iMac. Of course, now that the laptop is working, I'm wondering about keeping the other as it is more costly. The minimalist in me is rearing her head and I must acknowledge that this Apple product may well be my last, especially given the life span of parts and service. I'm extremely happy not to use my phone for more than texting and talking.

I am awaiting a visit and surprise from Lloyd, Florida, courtesy of longtime friend and blogger Steve Reed of Shadows and Light. I've known Steve since our adventures at university and he is a wonderful person with a great eye for photography. You'll enjoy his observations if you don't already.

Another lovely from Lloyd and his reason for visiting that locale is Ms. Moon and her wonderful clan. She is also a blogger and has a wide following. I enjoy her stories, her family and her outlook and wish I too could meet her in person. The bits I've learned about chickens have all come from her.

At this point in my own blogging history, I seemed to have slowed as far as writing is concerned and now realize that I need to remedy that situation. Though I find it difficult to write daily now, writing is like muscle and what you do not use you lose, so I'll be attempting to post more often and we'll see what happens.


Cheers!



This beautiful blue bottle was a surprise gift from Steve via the Good Girls Get Saved by Jesus Thrift Store in Lloyd....Thank You, Steve!

14 comments:

Jenny Woolf said...

I love Ms Moons blog too and think Loyd sounds like a great place!

Elephant's Child said...

Lovely surprises are always more than welcome - and that bottle is a beauty. An absolute beauty.

Steve Reed said...

Glad you like it, E! I look forward to more posts! :)

e said...

I was looking at photos. Lloyd is a small, old Florida town with an historical vibe. Those are rapidly disappearing from our midst here and elsewhere.

e said...

Thank you so very much! The bottle is gorgeous and when not in direct sun, has a silvery sheen, Any idea what it may have been in its former life?

Ms. Moon said...

Well, it's more of a tiny village than a town.

Ms. Moon said...

Hurray! You have the botttle!

Live and Learn said...

A very pretty bottle and fun to own if for no other reason than to say it came from the "Good Girls Get Saved by Jesus" thrift shop.

e said...

Yes, and it is gorgeous!

e said...

And from a longtime friend who has a very good eye!

37paddington said...

Oh my, that bottle is just beautiful. Steve has a good eye doesn't he?

e said...

Indeed he does!

jenny_o said...

What a lovely piece! Love the name of the store :D

I do hope you will blog more. I need to do more in that line myself. You're right, one must keep in practice.

e said...

I agree though sometimes I would rather read.