After two weeks of caring for Lukas following his radio iodine treatment, I developed a steadily worsening cough that has had me up at all hours, followed by an array of respiratory symptoms, a stomach issue and lots of cold medicine. Our mild winter has meant running the heat seldom. However, in the throes of a fever that has since broken, I did attempt to turn on the central air, only to discover it was on but not actually reducing the ambient temperature at all.
A call brought my AC man to the door at which point he asked, "What is with the purple tarp at the top of your building? Since nothing had been said, I shrugged.
After examining my unit and running it, he concluded that the tarp was inhibiting the release of air and contributing to overload for the compressor. The tarp as it turns out, is shielding my upstairs neighbors' exposed closet ceiling which has rotted due to a long term leak, from weather and rain. Supposedly, the leak was fixed in 2017 but once again, our lovely homeowner's association has failed to find contractors up to the job at hand and things have worsened. We are not the only building with leaks and our vinyl roofing that was supposed to last twenty years isn't holding up either. The tarp has been loosened and my HOA is now on the hook for the $85 service fee I doled out.
My attempts to return to bed between coughing and wheezing have not proven fruitful as there have been too many knocks at the door. The only one enjoying slumbers' idyl is the cat.
Happy Hearts Day...
5 comments:
I'm sorry to hear about your health issues. I wish you better soon.
Greetings from London.
I am so sorry to hear that a lurgy has taken up residence. I hope you can evict it soon - and outsleep Lukas.
Sigh at the HOA. I hope they are quick to re-imburse the service fee. Hugs.
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about all the health issues. Sending you healing wishes xo
I am sorry to read about your health issues and annoyed for you that you Housing association has done nothing about the leak in the roof which impacts on other residents. I too am sending you warm thoughts to a speedy recovery
Gah - good thing the AC man spotted the tarp right away. I hope the HOA pays up for the service call promptly. It's bad enough having important home systems fail but it's worse when we're sick and feel even less like dealing with the hassle. I hope you feel better soon, e. Can you put a note on your door asking people only to ring in an emergency due to illness? Take care.
Post a Comment