Alas that phrase not only includes the cups of chicken soup I've been slurping for days, but our weather which is suddenly very Spring-like. Much is blooming and along with the evening frog song, cicadas too lend their steady sounds. It is much too warm for February and that can only mean one thing: greater heat and the possibility of more hurricanes in the months to come.
When I first arrived here forty years ago, February was cold, so much so that one needed outerwear. While it did not snow, icicles and frost often covered puddles, rooftops and other areas and I distinctly remember having to wear a wool-lined coat and gloves.
Not so today when I got away with two tee shirts and a pair of shorts. The tarp covering my upstairs rooftop from the air and weather is still in place and because it also covers the compressor for my air conditioner, the unit has been running at about four degrees warmer than the temperature on which it is set to run. In an effort to prevent burning out the motor, I've turned it off completely, resulting in an ambient temperature of seventy-seven to eighty degrees. Either way, things are a bit muggy and opening the windows does not seem to help much.
The virus which has taken up residence in my chest and head is slowly losing ground though I predict another week of coughing and more soup. Lukas dislikes the coughing so much he now claims a living room chair for long term sleeping.
I've not been out of the flat for two weeks and really do not feel much like trying to go out. I'm also sorry that my posts of late have been less than interesting.
I wish you all a good weekend.
17 comments:
I'm glad to hear that the virus is starting to fade. I hope you're back to normal in no time!
Thank you, though this is way too slow for me. I hope you are well.
I'm glad to hear you're on the mend. :-)
Greetings from London.
The virus WILL go, it is the nature of the beast. Mine, which lasted from the first day of Jan to end Jan has left me with very strange, scratchy vocal chords. I sound positively sexy!
Funny old weather we’re having, surely that’s climate change?
I'm sure you don't feel like going out, since you're not yet well. But at least things are getting better. I hope they get that roof fixed soon, because in another couple of months it's going to be downright HOT! Keep us posted!
Wow, air conditioning! It's pretty pleasant here, but still heater weather.
one should only go out if one feels like going out. if you feel like staying in and nurturing yourself back to wellness, then that is exactly what you should do! feel better, friend.
You've had a rough go of things with that virus. And now the lack of air conditioning. To me, 80F is hot! That can't be helping matters. Interesting that cooler Februaries are within your memory. I suppose it is the same as colder Februaries are within my memory here. This is not good, and so many people in a position to do something about it ignore the facts. Okay, rant over.
Keep taking care of yourself, e. And thanks for posting so we know you're not getting worse at least.
I think you are right about the climate change. My scratchy, lower register voice is improving slowly, thanks. Lots of tea and honey.
I hope so...
Lucky you. It has cooled here and we've had rain so the place is a cool 76 without air, for now.
Thanks!
Thanks for your concern. I hope all is good with you.
Here in the UK we've had our hottest February on record. And people still don't believe in global warning. Sigh. I'm glad you are feeling slightly better. May that continue.
Approaching eighty already sounds too hot for me. I'm not surprised you're dismayed. I hope it cools down a bit for you.
Climate change is very real,,,rainy and much cooler here now. Thanks for your kind words. A hug for you and that cute granddaughter!
It has a bit, along with rain...Thanks!
Post a Comment