Since he cannot sleep with me and his litter box cannot stay in my bedroom, putting him in the front rather than cramming him in our one small bathroom seemed preferable. This, of course, means that I need to corral him should anyone come to the front door and so far, I've missed the postal person twice and now have a package with postage due awaiting me at the post office for which I'll have the added expense of a cab to pick up. The package is not something ordered by me. It appears to be from a friend for my cat.
Apart from the logistics involved there, there is the constant gloving, hand washing and disposing of radioactive animal waste which is placed inside a tightly sealed container, placed outside for no less than eighty days. One and three months post treatment, Lukas is to have blood work to see if the radio iodine has stabilized his thyroid hormone output
I am already tired...

19 comments:
I am not surprised you are tired. Physically and emotionally.
Holding you both in my heart.
Oh my gosh, this is a lot to go through and I'm sorry that you have to spend extra money on the postal stuff. Wishing a speey recovery and sending lots of hugs.
Wishing you both well xo
That's a lot of work, but I know that Lukas is worth it. Here's hoping that he doesn't need a second round of treatments. But if he does, at least the second time around, you will already know the procedures.
Oh yes, I remember all these precautions! I let my cat sleep with me after she had her treatment. I lived in a studio apartment and there was nowhere to isolate her, so I just risked it. Not ideal, but I had no better solution. You're doing the wiser thing. I hope the package is something fabulous, at least!
I didn't know that was a treatment they even did with cats. Hope it's effective.
Thank you!
Hugs are appreciated. I was able to have package delivered and it was a present for Lukas, which he loves!
Thank you for your kind thoughts...
Well, I'm glad there were no adverse effects for you, and the package was cat treats and a cute card, which were for Lukas.
So do I. Will know when blood work is completed. Thanks.
You must feel so exhausted, but you are doing your best for Lukas and I am sure that he undestands that. How good for him to have such care and concern.
hope, will recovery soon.
have a great day
That's a huge amount of extra work. I hadn't thought of that when you mentioned radiation, but now I recall the extent of the precautions after my dad's one chemo treatment post-surgery for bladder cancer. Lukas is so lucky to have you, and have this chance at living a better life. I hope all goes well and there is a good outcome.
This boy has had a rough time and from previous experience thyroid disease can lead to all sorts of complications which could kill him. He is half the age of my Siamese who had this and for whom the medications available failed. Having had that experience with her, I wanted to try and spare him, if possible. Thanks for your kind words.
Thank you! I wish you a good week.
Thank you. Fingers crossed here.
O dear me, poor Lukas. And poor you. Good luck.
Thank you.
Post a Comment