Sunday, July 8, 2018

AND THEN THE TOOTH CRACKED...

After two weeks of being sick, I had a week of catching up with house, bills, people, etc. This included a clogged loo, a four-year-old microwave that decided to blow a fuse and die, the realization that the caulk or whatever was used between the backsplash and the edge of the counter top in my barely year-old kitchen is chipping and coming off in spots, all the way around the counter, and various daily chores.

A contractor was called, I did not need a plumber, massage for back and hip resumed and harmony temporarily restored, until...

The woman selling a second-hand microwave in my area had an emergency, the contractor has yet to appear, the loo is once again gurgling and a huge chunk of an upper molar sheered off as I was eating some hummus. I will be calling the dentist first thing tomorrow and hoping that nothing else breaks off in the meantime.

Oh, and did I mention that during one of our intense summer storms last week a friend and I saw hail?  Indeed so, Hail. In July.

I would say that normal blogging will resume, but nothing is normal here.

Cheers!

29 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

What a week.
Sigh on the tooth front. Himself had a rushed trip to the dentist for the same reason last week.
We are still hanging out for rain.
I hope next week is much better, and that normal service can be resumed.

Live and Learn said...

You sound like the plot of one of those movies where everything goes wrong. Good luck clearing things up. Is hail in the summer rare? That's when we get ours associated with the frequent thunderstorms.

Birdie said...

Okay. You have enough this week. Time for some great things to happen.

LL Cool Joe said...

It's always the way isn't it? Like waiting for a bus for hours and then 3 arrive at the same time. I hope things improve soon.

Wisewebwoman said...

Wowser woman everything you touch......I hope this spell of bad luck is over.

Good luck with your dentist.

XO
WWW

Steve Reed said...

You have definitely had more than your share of misfortune! Hail in the summer happens now and again in Florida -- but in conjunction with everything else, it does seem rather Biblical!

jenny_o said...

Oh dear, dear e. Teeth and toilets are the worst things to have problems with!! I hope life settles down soon.

Hail? Wow . . . The weather seems to be weirder every year.

On These Spindrift Pages - A journal of nature, thought, and the reflective life. said...

My dear E,

It sounds like you have been through the mill (and through the storm too!) thsi summer. I complained about the narrowness of my domestic life is becoming with all the summer projects, which to say the least, have been rather ambitious (too ambitious for an asthma sufferer) but nothing in comparison what you have to endure. I very much hope that calm and tranquillity will be shortly restored so that you can carry on with the rest of your summer.

I'm thinking of you and wishing you all the best of luck, ASD

Anonymous said...

Oop...quite a load of things to deal with! Hope it all settled down soon!

37paddington said...

Life just keeps happening, doesn't it. As my daughter likes to yell at the sky, "Enough with all the life lessons!" Hang in there, friend. And yes, go see the dentist.

The Happy Whisk said...

Ack! Ack! Ack! Ack!

Secret Agent Woman said...

Hummus! Good grief, you couldn't get any softer than that. I had part of a molar shear off on a hard candy once. I'm sorry - no fun getting them fixed.

the fly in the web said...

Glad to be able to read you again...but what a chapter of disasters!

Shaheen said...

Hi e. I hope your feeling better and recovering from sickness, its such a shame that its one thing after the other and I hope they are all resolved sooner than later for your sake. Sorry to hear about your tooth too, and hope you got to see the dentist. I am really conscious of my teeth these days as I gnaw when I sleep and weaken my teeth.

Blondi Blathers said...

You find hail in July unusual?
Hmmmm.
Here it's not welcome, of course, but comes as often in July as in any other summer month.
-Kate (Saskatchewan)

e said...

I'll send some rai, we've had buckets!

e said...

I have never seen hail here during the summer.

e said...

If they do, I'll let you know...

e said...

Thanks!

e said...

Feels that way to me too. Thanks.

e said...

You might be right!

e said...

Thanks for your good wishes, I do hope the projects go well for you.

e said...

It is just life. I hope you are enjoying the summer.

e said...

All is almost well now...

e said...

Exactly!

e said...

Thank you, I think it may have been the chips that did me in. I hope things get better for you, too.

e said...

Indeed! Thanks for stopping by.

e said...

I'm surprised your dentist hasn't suggested a guard to prevent that. I have one and it helps. Thanks for your visit.

e said...

I've not seen hail during the summer in Florida before.