Saturday, February 17, 2018
Beautiful Day...
After three days of alternating heat and ice packs, I was finally able to sleep. Upon waking and stretching, I realized things are down to a dull roar. Still twinge-y and a little sore but I could move without wanting to cry.
I was able to shower and sit outside, feed Lukas and put the dirty laundry in the machine before using another ice pack. Outside, the sun was shining and there was a breeze. I stayed on my phone so the neighbors would not bother me if any should walk by. It was peaceful. Even the resident barkers took a brief break today.
For an instant, eyes closed as the sun warmed my face, I pictured my most recently deceased friend. She was healthy and her eyes were glowing with just a trace of laughter in them. Tomorrow, her oldest and dearest will gather in the area she grew up in for the final celebration of her life. I wish I could be there.
As part of the group that met to remember her here in December, I was not amongst friends of longstanding, having met her in 2006. What is interesting to me is how easily our friendship could have fallen by the wayside as many do when someone moves. Instead, it outlasted others and saw us both through tremendous change, the last being her death at sixty-five.
Should I mark my sixtieth birthday in 2019, I will have survived to an age none of my parents did. Apart from my disability, this and other losses are a large part of why I now simply take each day as it comes. Having surrendered my penchant for grand plans, I am content in the sun, calling a childhood friend on the phone or speaking to another I have grown to cherish.
Wishing you all a happy Sunday...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
I'm glad you're able to move again.
I'm glad the back is better and you were able to enjoy the weather! It IS nice out there today. I was actually surprised how cool it was when I got up this morning. It's interesting that you've basically outlived both your parents.
Good to hear you are feeling much better and enjoying such lovely weather!
That is a pretty and soothing courtyard, I love all the shade! I'm glad you got to enjoy it. I'm with you about not wanting to talk to neighbors when I'm outside, lol.
I'm also glad the pain is retreating. You probably shouldn't try to wrench closet doors off their hinges anymore (jk). Hopefully the massage on Tuesday will get rid of the last of the soreness.
I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. It was good that you were able to make the other gathering in her memory.
You've had so much loss in recent years. I am glad you found some peace and tranquility in this day.
It is good to read this peaceful post. I'm very glad too that you're out of pain, or mostly. Constantly feeling ill is so wearing. It looks like a lovely place to sit.
I'm glad you are doing a bit better.I'm sorry about you're friend. I know we take the time we're given, but it's hard not to want more than she got.
Something about trees and sun and soaking it in to remind us, yes, were on the mend.
Stay safe. I too lost a 30 year friend today. It ain't easy surviving so many.
XO
WWW
Not quite yet, but maybe...
Thanks, and I always try to enjoy something every day.
Thanks, most of the neighbors are quiet...This problem has happened without any doors before, so that may not be a factor. I suspect misalignment. My friend was a special person. Thanks for your kind words.
Thanks and I wish you the same.
It can be if not too hot. Glad you are feeling better, too.
I'm sure she expected more herself, but with the news of her illness, she embraced what she could and with as much grace as I've ever seen.
I am so sorry for yet another loss in your life, and you're right. Hugs.
Post a Comment