Notice the antlers?
Someone has some holiday humor...
As for me, I'm tired...of losing pets, friends, things...
I hope the new year is better and brings back my now de-flated sense of optimism. I have a couple of painful and longstanding anniversaries this month and though I am glad to have survived them, and grateful for those people and things remaining and for my well being, I am also a wee bit down. That epitomizes this season for many. Perhaps this year I just feel it more keenly.
One of you wrote about the need for routine and mine has been disrupted. I do not find it as easy to bounce back or re-direct my energies. The advice from my friendly mental health professional is to keep putting one foot in front of the other and take things a day at a time. As with most pieces of advice, it is the execution rather than the concept which leaves something to be desired. It would help if I did not see the country I live in being dismantled.
I've decided to focus on what I am thankful for by trying to notice small things and writing them down daily. This may help trick my brain and perk up my mood. Every little bit helps. Additionally, I've decided to take a serious look at my handling of household variable expenditures and do some tweaking. I've found a community of frugal folk and I'm hoping to set and meet some goals along those lines. Though the place is lonely without an animal companion, I need to determine whether pet insurance and a mobile vet are viable options for me. Investigating service dog opportunities is another item on my agenda, though dogs are a lot of work to keep properly. I've also decided to spend more time writing and reduce my time on social media. I'll still post regularly here and read when I can.
Until Next Time...

12 comments:
Heartfelt hugs.
Be as kind and gentle to yourself as you can. This is a difficult time of year for so many.
Sounds like all good ideas for improving your daily life. Have you thought about writing down your thankful things here? I like reading other people's and it reminds me to think about mine.
It's not always easy to put one foot in front of the other but I hope you find the motivation to do so. We're here if you need a little nudge. And some hugs. xo
It’s a hard time. It’s an especially hard time with your losses. Holding space in my heart for you.
Thinking of you, e. Sometimes, when one day at a time is too much, just do one minute at a time, or even one second. Love.
Thanks, and I would offer you both hugs and the same advice in return since your life of late has been no bed of roses either.
Yes, but I am not always at the computer, so paper is better.
Thanks. Hugs and nudges can be wonderful!
Thinking of you, and wishing you love as well.
Thank you, dear Birdie. I do the same for you!
Have you ever considered a different kind of pet, something like a hamster? It's still company, and not a lot of work. Also a shorter life span, which could be either good or bad, depending on whether you worry more about a pet outliving you or more about the potential for more heartache due to loss of the pet.
Anyway.
I hope the loss and heartache ease a bit as you concentrate on other things. I've read that we can't, in actual fact, think about two things at once. So distraction can be a useful tool for getting through the day.
Hugs, e.
I like Jenny's idea. A different kind of pet. Though, any pet. They all die and pass and it sucks wet monkey balls, BUT, having that little pet is so great. I hope you let another one into your heart. A rescue, perhaps.
Post a Comment