As a joke, my mother would often remark that our rain was "liquid sunshine." I did not fall for that but knew that rain kept things green and growing. If the amount of rain we've had where I live now is any indication, things should be verdant for a long time to come. It is raining as I write and has been for a while, putting a stop to the milling and re-paving of our parking area.
Because that was scheduled for Monday and Tuesday, my contractor decided to wait until the new asphalt was dry enough to drive on before returning to complete painting and flooring and a few smaller tasks. He and another gentleman worked on flooring for two days last week and have yet to finish the front room. My bedroom hasn't been touched at all and the transitional pieces for the front door and bedroom door remain to be installed. He did tape over the ends so that I could get around and have a clear path to the bedroom, bathroom and kitchen as well as the doors leading to my cat's screened porch off the back. Things in the front room remain in disarray. I am not optimistic of a finish this week.
The upshot, however, is that I will have enjoyed the flat for more than a weekend and that includes some quiet as well as the ability to do chores and sleep in without having another underfoot. I was able to have a spur of-the-moment lunch out with a longtime friend on Saturday. Though I am fortunate to be in the home stretch, in my mind, this has now gone on for far too long. Perhaps I will get lucky. One never knows. I'll leave you with a photo of a brighter day.
Cheers...

14 comments:
Your place looks amazing though it took such an incredibly long time. You and Jacob must be exhausted from the noise and discomfort. Fingers crossed it gets completed soon.
XO
WWW
It's been a long journey of renovations, and you and Jacob must both be very tired. But your place looks really beautiful so far. You must be really thrilled about that!
It has gone on for FAR too long. I am so glad that you got a little time to yourselves, and hope that this is soon a distant memory.
Liquid sunshine? We could really, really do with some of the wet stuff. Feel free to send it our way.
That does seem like an unnecessarily long reno, in my opinion, although people are always saying to expect delays. But I'd be tired of it (or worse) by now, too. Maybe the break you've had just now will help to steel you for the rest of the job. Fingers crossed here for a quick finish.
Oh, Lord! It HAS been going on a long time, hasn't it?! I didn't realize you were renovating the whole thing. I thought you were just doing the kitchen! Hopefully it will wrap up soon and without too much drama.
I"m glad you got some quiet time. Among other things the noise of power tools and pounding get old really quickly.
I think you *are* being so optimistic for a renovation that has gone on for a very long time! It can't go on for much longer. Sending you figurative and real sunshine. ☀️
Fingers and toes crossed here too. Thanks!
Thank you. I haven't photographed the mess...
I would if only I could!
I'm hopeful...Thanks.
Painting and flooring too, and I agree. Thanks for the info on Wimpy's. It was me who wondered what happened to them.
As well as big trucks!
Thank you, sweet birdie. Sending hugs back!
Post a Comment