Sunday, March 5, 2017

Peaceful...

The weekend has been peaceful. The barking and howling have ceased at least temporarily. Yesterday, I was able to do some errands, including picking up some food for Jacob from his veterinary practice. He has had some nausea the last day or so which I will discuss with his vet at our appointment tomorrow afternoon. I've given him some anti-nausea medication which is working and he is now able to eat and play with his toys on the floor, including stalking and running after them.

Additionally, a friend stopped over today at my invitation and she was able to play with him while she and I chatted about various things. It was nice to be well enough to have someone visit. She was kind enough to change my sheets after which I did and put away all of the laundry, made dinner and some soup for the week and cut up vegetables for salad while Jacob napped. I also tidied and took out our refuse. While not exciting, it has been peaceful which at this point I'll take any time I can get it.

My TBR pile has grown by two books. I've got sixty or so unread in my Kindle of the 166 books listed there, so you'll probably be reading about a few of them in the coming weeks.  
I am slowly transitioning from happy pet guardian to pet nurse, and being able to read in the wee hours is helpful when neither of us can sleep.

Wishing everyone a good week!

10 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

I am very glad to hear that you had a peaceful and productive weekend. I hope there are many more of them. Love that with medication Jacob can play. Always a good sign.
Hugs.

e said...

Thank you, and yes, I love that he still vocalizes, cuddles and wants to play!

jenny_o said...

Like EC, I am glad to hear that there is medication to help Jacob's appetite. It must make your mind a bit easier. You had a very productive weekend.

The Happy Whisk said...

This sounds like a super peaceful day.

Linda said...

I am so happy that you were able to have a peaceful and productive weekend, and that the medication is helping Jacob. Sending you much love and many hugs...and please give a hug to Jacob from me, too. :)

Wisewebwoman said...

Well done both of you! Your news made me happy.

I love when I have a stockpile of books. Must update my reading list on Za Blog.

Lovely photo of Mr.Jacob.

XO
WWW

Steve Reed said...

Have a good week, E! Glad that Jacob is doing better and you are too!

HBF said...

Such a pretty kitty-give 'em some cuddles for me please! A peaceful couple of days sounds wonderful. Glad you can appreciate and savor them <3

Secret Agent Woman said...

Glad the dog has settled down.

I have started putting books on the "want to read list on Goodreads. As if the stack of paperbacks in my room wasn't torment enough!

Anonymous said...

It does sound like a wonderfully peaceful day. Those little things are often times the best.