Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Ten Pounds...

That is Jacob's new, higher weight. This news means that he is eating well, despite chronic health concerns. Although he was surly to his veterinarian during his examination, this was mitigated somewhat by an anti-anxiety pill prior to his visit. Overall, he is doing as well as can be given his age and conditions. He was quiet on the cab ride over as well. On our return home, he seemed a bit wobbly but was himself again as the evening progressed.

Today, my neighbor came over and spent several hours installing the new parking break on my outdoor chair with Jacob eying him from the sofa and a chair in the front room. What appeared to be a simple task in the hands of the product engineer on a video took longer than anticipated. As my neighbor, a very nice, laid back individual pointed out, there is always a learning curve for those who do not do this all the time. Though I initially felt guilty for taking up most of his afternoon, and will do something nice for he and his wife, I am glad this task is finally completed. Hopefully, I can now take this chair outdoors without any further problems and enjoy being outside again.

   
  
Tomorrow is my weekly shop. I never know what Aldi has in store...

Wishing everyone a good week!

23 comments:

Wisewebwoman said...

And now that you're mobile and Jacob is on fine fettle I hope your week is excellent, dear E!

XO
WWW

Elephant's Child said...

Wonderful news. On both counts.
Long may the good news bird continue to perch on your shoulder.

e said...

Thanks, and I wish the same for you!

e said...

Oh, clever that, and a nice image, too. Thank you!

Steve Reed said...

Things are looking up! :)

Birdie said...

It's nice to see a picture of you! I'm glad kitty is feeling better.

The Happy Whisk said...

Very cool that you got your chair set and that Jacob is doing better.

Our local Aldi starts new sales each Wednesday. Today it's baby bellas for a buck for me and Tim and for the pups, baby carrots at 50p a bag. Not bad.

Happy Shopping.

On These Spindrift Pages - A journal of nature, thought, and the reflective life. said...

My dear e, I am delighted to hear the good news about Jacob's good progress. I used to have a cat that looks very much like Jacob. He lived up to 17 years old. I miss him very much. Every time I look at the image of Jacob on your profile, it brings back a lot of memories about my Flossie. I am like you when it comes to pets...I would do anything above and beyond. I absolutely adore cats. One day when I fully recover from my asthma, I should like to have a cat.

It's so wonderful to see your picture. How kind and helpful of your neighbour to help you with DIY in setting up your chair. Keep up with all the good works and I hope that both you and Jacob are getting at least a hint of spring where you are.

With warmest wishes, ASD x

Jenny Woolf said...

This is good news! And I am so glad Jacob is doing better.

Anonymous said...

That was really nice of your neighbour. So cool that your chair is in good shape and you can enjoy the outdoors. And great news about Jacob. I'm glad he's feeling better. He's such a handsome kitty.🐈

HBF said...

Glad to hear Jacob is feeling a bit better! I hope he keeps on improving :o)

e said...

I certainly hope so!

e said...

It was! Meow from Jacob and thanks for your interest. I hope you enjoy your shopping, too!

e said...

Dear ASD,
Our weather has been wonderful which is why I've been itching to get outside. We only have a few more weeks until hot weather and high humidity signal the swelter of an oncoming summer (May through November because Fall is quite warm too). I'm sorry to know you lost Flossie. Seventeen is long-lived for a cat and I hope Flossie was happy. Perhaps one day, another special cat will come your way. Thanks for visiting!

e said...

For a cat equivalent in age to an octogenarian, he is doing as well as might be expected. Eventually, he will succumb to kidney failure, so my goal is to keep him happy and fed. Thanks for your continued interest. I hope you are over your flu.

e said...

Meow, Martha, and thanks for the compliment!

e said...

Thank you, Hannah!

baili said...

i am so glad that you shared your photo dear friend!
it is very nice that you were able to be outdoor with you chair.
it is nice that you dear pet is growing well .
Blessing!

e said...

Thanks for your kind remarks. Blessings to you as well!

Secret Agent Woman said...

Both sound good. That's a really interesting chair.

A Cuban In London said...

Cat on the mend and your chair's fixed! :-)

Greetings from London.

Linda said...

Great news for both of you! Take care of yourself, and I hope you have a great weekend!

jenny_o said...

Thank goodness for kind neighbours! Glad to hear about Jacob's weight gain.

Good news all around.