Saturday, March 25, 2017

Part II...

It is Saturday, and I've been out and about and tried giving the cat some pumpkin for fiber, which he did not eat at all. I knew it was a long shot, but tried anyway as some cats will eat it, according to his vet. He "went" on Tuesday evening but has not since. His vet has advised increasing his medication which has so far, yielded no results and I am to take him in again on Monday should the situation not change this weekend. How he is managing to eat at this point is beyond me. Were I in his paws, I would be most uncomfortable.

The weather has been sunny and beautiful with low humidity and a breeze. I read the paper outside for a bit without any interruptions from nosy neighbors, which was wonderful and must eventually get my tax documents together as April 15 is fast approaching.

As for the events of the week, I read online of an attack similar to that of Westminster in Lille, France in which the attacker escaped. The account I read said that the police do not feel it was the work of terrorists but nothing more about it has been publicized. If any bloggers in the EU have heard anything further, I'm curious to know as the reportage on news in the rest of the world is not what it used to be. On our shores, the pushback from voters against the repeal of the Affordable Healthcare Act also known as Obamacare, seems to have worked as there were not enough votes in favor of a repeal.

I am tired after spending the majority of the night up and most of the morning asleep. My body clock is as it used to be when I was working shifts twenty-odd years ago. Prolonged broken sleep is not easy to live with and I'm starting to feel the effects, unfortunately. While I meditate and do a modified yoga routine, these have not been sufficient to combat the problem. I will do further investigations to see what other options are available.

Until Next Time...

25 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

I am so sorry to hear that Jacob's digestive issues continue. Like you, I suspect I would be supremely uncomfortable and I am really glad to hear that he is still eating.
There is a reason so many cultures use sleep deprivation as a torture. It is. And constantly broken sleep is as bad. Good luck in finding a solution.
I hadn't heard of the shooting in Lille. Captain Google says that three people were hurt and that authorities believe it was a 'settling of scores'. Scary just the same.
I am so very pleased that ACA did not get destroyed. The new plan seemed to benefit the well off at the expense of those with less.

Birdie said...

Well, the Republicans fought Obama every step of the way bringing in affordable healthcare. Not they can be on the other end. Fight to the end. Never give up. Healthcare should not be affordable. It should be free.

Keep us posted on Jacob. 🐱

Secret Agent Woman said...

I'm sorry that cat's struggling.

The decision to scuttle the vote on repealing the ACA is a minor victory, but I'll take it.

Anonymous said...

Poor kitty. I do hope things get better for him. I love how you take such good care of him.

Wisewebwoman said...

I hope you settle down in sleep soon .Nothing worse than raggedy brains at 3 in the morning.
And poor Jacob. I had such emotional turmoil in the final 6 months with Ansa.
Good thoughts go your way.

XO
WWW

HBF said...

Much is weighing on you, it's no surprise that your sleep is affected. I hope you find better rest soon! The attacks make me so sad... as does Jacob's condition. Sending my best hopes to all <3

Sabine said...

This from Europe, (Sir) Simon Jenkins (author, editor, journalist) has this to say about the Westminster event: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcLUZP1DSio

Sabine said...

And the local media here report that in Lille, three people were injured when a masked man shot at them from a car window. According to the police, it is part of an ongoing drug war scene.

Jenny Woolf said...

I hope you manage to find some way of improving your sleep. I suppose that anxiety about Jacob might also be affecting you. It is wonderful what good care you take of him.

jenny_o said...

Restorative sleep is so important. Yet sleep problems are a part of so many conditions, it seems. Often I wonder which comes first. My daughter has fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome (starting at age sixteen), and her sleep problems started when she was only ten. Her day/night seems to always tend toward reversal as you mentioned yours has. I hope you get some rest soon, and that Jacob makes stinky use of his litterbox in short order! (what a strange thing to wish on a person, eh?)

Steve Reed said...

I'm not surprised you're having trouble sleeping. I'm sure worrying about the cat is a big part of that. Do you think mixing the pumpkin with something more palatable (tuna?) would work?

Anonymous said...

I know you're worried about your kitty. I hope he's better soon. I sympathize with the broken sleep. I've had insomnia for years. A couple of times a week, I wake in the middle of the night and can't go back to sleep. Ug! I hope your body clock straightens out soon.

crafty cat corner said...

Have you tried coconut oil, mine love it and it might act as a lubricant. They shouldn't have it too much but just a thought.
Briony
x

e said...

You've nailed it on the head. Everything is about benefitting those with wealth at the expense of the middle and less monied. Subclinical dehydration because all of his water comes out in urine, so will be on softener for the next week and he is doing well, so far.

e said...

Thanks! He's "going" again. Will be on medication for the next week.

e said...

Thanks. He does, too!

e said...

Thanks and the same to you!

e said...

Thanks, Hannah. He's doing well with the meds, that is at least something. Hugs!

e said...

Thanks for the links and please feel free to come again. Always a pleasure to see new readers.

e said...

He is up a lot, so I'm up with him. Thanks for the concern and compliment. Very appreciated.

e said...

Thanks. He has! Sorry to hear about your daughter. I empathize.

e said...

I tried mixing, but he did not care for the texture. I sleep when he does and when he's up, I am too.

e said...

Unfortunately, there is no recuperation from kidney disease, only symptom management. He is almost sixteen, so very old and the only outcome is eventual renal failure. As for body clock, I sleep whenever I can these days. Not a fan of menopause.

e said...

Thanks for visiting. I had not heard that cats like coconut oil. Will try that!

Jenny Woolf said...

I'm sorry I wasn't able to reply to your recent comment on my blog. It linked to most other people who commented but when I clicked on your name it didn't do anything. Weird. I will try again later, it might be a temporary thing.