Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Home again, home again...

Jacob arrived home shortly after six this evening.  He received an appetite stimulant, antibiotic for a urinary tract infection, subcutaneous fluids for hydration and special food designed not to overtax his kidneys. Additionally, he ate more food once home and I hope he can re-gain the pound or so lost. In good spirits, he has jumped into my lap, insisted on being petted, head butted me and purred like a maniac. At the moment, he is curled up on his favorite blanket. I have extra water and an extra box set out for him and will be reprising my nurse role for the next two weeks giving medication and monitoring food and water. I'm hoping for the best. A heartfelt meow and thanks to all of my blog readers for your interest and concern for us.


21 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

I am so very happy for you and Jacob. Wonderful news - thanks for letting us know. He is a very attractive boy too.

The Happy Whisk said...

Oh, this is so good to read. Very cool.

Steve Reed said...

So glad to hear the details! I hope his recovery continues apace.

Anonymous said...

Aw, that is great! Such wonderful, heartwarming news. I hope he continues to do well.

Jenny Woolf said...

I am so glad he is back! And it sounds as if he is just as delighted as you are!

Wisewebwoman said...

Delighted for you both. Long may he reign with his obedient servant.
XO
WWW

Birdie said...

Welcome home, Jacob! Good kitty.

Secret Agent Woman said...

Ah, good to hear he's back at home and doing well!

jenny_o said...

He will be as happy to be home, as you are happy to have him home ...

e said...

Thank you, and he knows it, too!

e said...

I think so, too!

e said...

I agree. I hope to keep him around for a bit longer.

e said...

Me, too! Thanks.

e said...

From the day he spied me, he has been wonderfully devoted and he holds a special place in my heart because of this.

e said...

Thank you. I tell him every day how lucky he is to have staff!

e said...

Meow, Meow, Birdie!

e said...

Thank you!

e said...

He loves this human boundlessly, and it is entirely mutual.

A Cuban In London said...

I am so happy for you and Jacob! :-)

Greetings from London.

Linda said...

I know this is going to sound strange, but I have come to your blog for a while now, and I guess because it looks different than other blogs that I visit, it took me a bit of time to realize how to comment on your posts! (embarrassed). But now that I have it figured out, it's all good. I am very happy for you and Jacob, and Jacob is adorable! :)

e said...

No worries, and thank you. Jacob is a wonderfully devoted cat and full of personality!