Himself is taking his pills (concealed in treats)without a problem. He is awake, alert and affectionate. The vet-prescribed renal food, however, has been an expensive failure as all was opened, tried and binned.
He likes his Hill's Science Diet, so for now, I'm sticking with the tried and true as he needs to re-gain lost weight. I've already been on the phone to the vet, and another brand of renal support food will be attempted at a later time. I am starting to feel as if he is some sort of furry science experiment. I wonder if he feels the same.
Looking around our small flat, much quieter these days for us both, I realize that he epitomizes everything found in the word "home." Love, play, warmth, familiarity, comfort. He is owed a debt of gratitude at the very least, but so much more for showing me the depths to which the human-animal bond can ascend.
Until Next Time...

11 comments:
So glad to see such contentment!
Thank youI will be very happy once this two-week stint is over and done!
Only a cat can get away with refusing the most expensive foods. Such fussy creatures. And that is the reason we love them. One of may reasons.
Our rescue cats saved us at least as much as we saved them.
Good luck on finding renal care food he will tolerate.
And hugs.
Very true!
Thanks and hugs to you, too!
They can be quite finicky! We are here to serve them :)
Staff...
Hope you find a food that will work. Hard to get them to change.
Cats can be SO fussy, and can't be let go hungry for too long (and I think they realize their advantage!). I hope you find another brand that your furball will eat.
His tried and true seems to be doing the trick!
Post a Comment