Being marooned in one's flat due to a storm is not easy. The anxiety that comes with strong and increasing winds and almost never-ending rain is by itself hard to deal with. additionally, the feeling of being "cooped up" takes a toll. I'm just happy no water came within, I did not lose power or food and my mobile phone was impacted by an outage of only hours rather than days. I am by nature someone who enjoys my home and privacy, but to be compelled within by nature rather than my own desires? Not so much.
Today is the first time we've had a bit of blue sky and sun since last week and we have three full months to go before storm season ends. I hope this has been the worst of it. Thanks to all of you who have left comments for me recently. I did manage to have a chat with the smoker upstairs who was very pleasant and promised to keep her patio door open should she smoke indoors. The man from whom she rents and for whose family she works as a carer has died and she is to remain in the apartment while caring for his wife who lives in a house two streets over.
As for me, I was happy to get errands done today and enjoy some fish tacos, the remnants of which were greedily lapped up by the resident felines. I have stretching and exercise to do yet.
Until Next Time...
8 comments:
I am so glad that you were able to have a pleasant interaction with the smoker upstairs. A huge win.
Good to get some errands done too - and treat the moggies and yourself too.
After going almost 3 months with no perceptible rain, the recent few storms we got were welcome. I am at home 95% of my time anyway so staying inside dry and comfortable is no trouble--funny how here in the slums most of our power outages occur not in storms but out of the blue.
Hope you got in your calisthenics without aggravation. Glad you took the initiative to speak with your resident smoker. Most of us will make accommodations once we realize how it affects them who do not smoke.
Terrific. A great result from your chat with the smoker upstairs.
Ms soup
Thanks, I hope it's a win. She did say she's trying to stop. I hope she can. It will extend her life. How are you?
Sorry to hear of your drought and the arbitrary power outages. I hope you get more rain.
One can hope. Thanks for popping by.
I hope she can - for you more than for her. Which sounds bad, but still...
I am ok(ish). Are you improving?
Oh, good! I'm glad you got things sorted with the smoker!
Post a Comment