Amid all of this, I've celebrated another birthday and concluded preparations for my Bat Mitzvah this Saturday. The birthday celebration last week was courtesy of a friend of thirty years and fellow blogger, Steve, who was in town from London. It is hard to believe we've known each other that long and it is always good to catch up regardless of the occasion.
After insisting we had to do something special, Steve booked a table at the Edison Food and Drink Lab, a local eatery known for eclectic and very delicious fare. My meal began with a blackberry mock-tail of fresh blackberries, simple syrup, lime juice and club soda and was followed by Buffalo Cauliflower, Ceviche and an entree of scallops. Steve had fish and we finished with purple Thai rice pudding and a homemade peanut butter bar. Having grown up with finely diced and well marinated ceviche, the chunkier version offered here was a bit different than what I expected but everything was divine as well as surprising and our server, Rob, was especially pleasant and attentive.
After leaving, we went for a drive and ended up in an industrial part of town---a strange mix of pre-fab buildings, old trucks and cars and porn outlets. Since it was dark, neither of us ventured beyond the car. I'm sure were he to return in daylight, avid photographer Steve could come up with something worthy of note for his blog. As it was, we laughed and kept driving. Despite just having come from physical therapy, being tired and having some pain, it was a wonderful evening with a great friend.
I will be around to blogs as I am able. I hope everyone is well. Have a nice weekend.

13 comments:
I am so glad that in the middle of your pain and suffering you had a very special night, with a special person.
Happy belated birthday. I do hope your back issues are settling down.
I am happy birthdaying for you now and though I am not sure what a Bat Mitzvah is, I hope it is celebrated in proper style. Be well e.
I'm sorry about the pain. I hope you are feeling better soon. How wonderful to get together with such a great friend!
It was great to see you, E! And yes, our after-dinner drive took us to some peculiar areas. You never know what you'll find, right?!
sounds like a lovely birthday celebrated by lovely friends. i enjoyed the photograph and loved that you chose to share it. xoxo
The very best dearest E so glad you have much to celebrate and I hope your back troubles takes a break.
XO
WWW
Chronic back pain, so sorry you have that. Glad you got to get some fun, food and laughs in though. That's very cool. Lovely picture.
Sorry to hear about the pain but glad to hear about the great dinner-that mocktail sounds delicious!
Happy belated birthday. I am so sorry to hear about your chronic back pain. Sending you warm hugs. Love your photo! :)
What a fun night out, and a lovely picture. I would not know you were in pain to see you but I know you have been having these issues for a while and I surely hope you see the benefit of the treatments soon.
Glad to hear from you :) I hope that your back heals soon.
I wish you a pleasant weekend!!
I hope you are feeling better. Sending you hugs.
Ooh, your meal sounded like delicious. Sorry your back has been troubling you.
Post a Comment