Thursday, August 27, 2015

Storm Watch...

It appears Florida is still in the path of Erika, so I'll be buying extra canned goods, water, batteries and other things when I hit the grocery on Saturday. While it may veer, if it does hit South, we will likely get rain which often leads to flooding and the shortage of electricity in places. I hope that's the worst of it. Hurricane season does not end until the end of November. Presently it is a bit overcast, as in the photo below which looks darker than it was. Rain is forecast. Big surprise.

Stay dry and be well...






7 comments:

37paddington said...

It's hitting my husband's family in Antigua right now.

e said...

My thoughts are with them. I hope they are safe and dry.

Birdie said...

We are in earthquake country here and it is always better to over prepare. I do hope this one passes you by.

the fly in the web said...

I hope that this passes over.

e said...

You are fortunate and also right...I hope it falls apart as the other did.

Shaheen said...

e
I had to come by quickly and leave comment re your recent comment on my Zaatar Frittata recipe.
Be careful the sumac blended into the zaatar, is not the same thing. Though related, very different
See this link by the kitchn
http://www.thekitchn.com/heres-why-you-should-have-sumac-in-your-spice-cabinet-ingredient-intelligence-67042

Hope the weather is kinder where you are now, we had storms at the weekend, but not long lasting - its been strange weather here - really hot, then stinking persistent drippy rain.

Steve Reed said...

Here's hoping it amounts to nothing in Florida!