I was up before sunrise, thanks to the cat who is now sleeping soundly. I took the garbage out, changed his box, went online and then gradually began falling asleep and made my way back to bed, only arising to his pleading meows at 1 PM. I'm not sure he wanted anything other than to know I was still on the best end of breathing. He's a funny old thing.
It is overcast today and so far, no more rain. I give it another two hours the way the heat and humidity are building. It is 89 F or 32 C, depending upon where you live, and I am dreaming of winter, sipping tea and preparing to write offline. I am grateful that Erika has gone, but we still have three more very active months of tropical depressions, storms and possible hurricanes to contend with. I grew up with tremors and mudslides. While they were not a picnic, I think I prefer them.
Some of you seem to think the cat is the culprit in my alternating episodes of sleeplessness and exhaustion. He is merely reacting to me...
Until Next Time...
4 comments:
We have to keep one of our cats locked downstairs at night because he goes to each bedroom waking us up. And yes, he sleeps all day. Wicked little beast. But oh, I do love him.
I hope you find some rest.
I too was up well before sunrise - beating both cats by some hours.
I also hope the weather is kind to you. Your current temperatures and humidity make me shudder.
"write offline" Ya know, I forget about that so often anymore!
Up in the Seattle area where I live we are concerned for mudslides... Oso doesn't feel so long ago and the drought plus fall storms feels very threatening at the moment. We shall see... No quakes in quite a while, a lot of people say we're due, but ya never know. Nature has a funny way of deciding when to shake things up *pun intended*
Sigh.
I hope you feel better. I felt very "sighy" reading this and I hope that feeling does not haunt you as it so often haunts me :)
Oh, I would not like to have to live with tremors and mudslides. Maybe I won't be complaining about our drab weather for the rest of the day when I think I could have had a hurricane to contend with.
Post a Comment