Tuesday, May 21, 2013

This post and photo were originally posted March 1, 2009. Both are by this blog's owner and are reprised here for your enjoyment. It has been raining all afternoon and evening here and the cicadas are out in force, their throaty symphony a reminder that summer rains have started.

Rain

Watching the sky slowly stew before graying,
I felt
Before seeing,
tiny droplets pelt
the surface of my shoulders.

First shy, then insistent,
a lover's fingers
brushing, then caressing skin,
drawing a surprised breath
at the mysteries of full embrace.




3 comments:

Steve Reed said...

This makes me miss summers in Florida! I can almost hear those cicadas...

On These Spindrift Pages - A journal of nature, thought, and the reflective life. said...

My dear e, What a lasting poetic evocation and visions your words can conjure up. I'm so glad that you re-posted this otherwise I would have missed your beautiful poem. Thank you so much for sharing.

Best wishes, ASD

Secret Agent Woman said...

That's lovely.