Monday, May 13, 2013

Some Days I Really Miss Working...

I'm into the second week of this cold, which is proving hard to shift, no matter how much sleep I get or how much fluid I consume. The coughing is still driving me mad as well, particularly when I lie down. The other day, after doing two loads of laundry, washing the dishes, cleaning the cat's box and dealing with the household rubbish, I actually fell asleep, deep in the comforts of Godot (my wheelchair). Had it not been for the blaring claxon of an emergency vehicle on the road beyond my bedroom window, I could easily have napped away the afternoon...

Tomorrow, it is off to the doc for me...

What are you up to this week?

6 comments:

Steve Reed said...

Hope you feel better, e! Good to go to the doctor when something persists this long.

the fly in the web said...

A neighbour suggests thyme tea for your cough.

Elizabeth said...

Keep us posted -- I do hope your doctor figures out what's lingering.

e said...

It is a cold with post nasal drip and the cough is the last to go according to the doc. She suggested cough medicine during the day and benedryl at night. That will help dry the throat and help me sleep.

Secret Agent Woman said...

Thanks for the visit. I'm sorry you aren't feeling well, and hope you're better soon. I'm going to read back a bit and catch up.

37paddington said...

I had exactly the same malady but it seems to at last be releasing its grip on me. I am glad you are feeling better.