The new flooring installation did not go as smoothly as anticipated. Not only was the installer a bit anal about holding up the job for two days over what is essentially nothing, he then complained about taking the job to another individual working in my flat, all within my hearing. I was so concerned over his remarks that I had a word with the man who handles the account on behalf of my insurer and who hired him as my installer.
The upshot was that the head of accounts sent his second-in-command who purchased a set of sliders good for wood or laminate and left them on the feet of my stackable washer/dryer. He also called a plumber to come and re-connect the unit next day. I have had other flooring installers in my home over the last thirteen years and have never encountered this situation or this guy's attitude. As this was a routine insurance job, I did let the higher ups know what I thought and I will do the same with my insurer since this flooring company is their preferred provider.
On a happier note, the re-furbished, smaller kitchen cabinet is wonderful. It is ADA height and I now turn around in the kitchen without getting stuck and having to back out of the room. Additionally, the flat has been cleaned, cleared of excess books, clothing, kitchen things and other items. Pictures have been hung and the front room awaits a couple of armchairs with slip covers that my resident felines can enjoy. Jacob, the more lively of the two, now has a new scratching post/cat condo to enjoy upon his return home. Below are some photos of the new bathroom. The paint, called "Delectable" in Porter paints palate, is a wonderful, almost deep violet that makes a small room pop. I will post photos of the rest of the flat tomorrow.
Thanks for your patience.



4 comments:
Things have been happening since I last stopped in! how are you, e?
Can't wait to see the rest of the photos! When do you get your cats back? Renovations never go as smoothly as planned -- that's pretty much a rule -- so I'm not too surprised at the flooring problems.
I am just about to decide on a colour scheme for a small shower room. Deep violet sounds good. Thanks for the idea :)
What a strange man...I'm so glad you contacted your insurers.
So, soon you will have a place fit for you and the felines....it's been a long time!
Post a Comment