I've been home from the hotel for one week. The new bathroom is beautiful. My contractor and all of the subcontractors involved do wonderful work, on time and as promised. As for the rest of the flat, it is chaotic...
The new floors have been delayed twice and are now supposed to be laid tomorrow. This is a different company and one not connected to those who completed the bathroom. The hold up centers around the moisture level in the bedroom. I have been sweating with the heat up to 78 degrees trying to facilitate drying, and tomorrow, we will see what the calcium chloride testing reveals. I see no evidence of anything untoward occurring beneath the concrete slab and have received little in the way of information when I ask questions of the flooring company, a preferred provider of my insurer.
The painter who did the bathroom has agreed to paint the rest of the flat and will be here tomorrow as well. The latter part of the week, there will be a new kitchen cabinet installed. This should make it easier for me to get in and out of the kitchen while still supplying needed storage.
The cats have not yet returned home. Jacob and Phoebe will not recognize their house, a situation I am actually dreading. Most of the furniture is gone and stuff is everywhere because the flooring installer pulled shelves apart to take up flooring beneath them and left their contents all over the table and the subfloor.
Photos to follow. I hope all goes well tomorrow.
Until Next Time...
5 comments:
I'm glad you're back home, at least. I'm looking forward to seeing the improvements when everything is done!
What Steve said but I never heard of the problem with a floor being laid over concrete unless it has something to do with the subfloor that goes under the wood floor.
Yes, I expect the cats will be thoroughly disorientated when they return home! All the familiar smells and nooks and crannies will have disappeared. They'll think they've come back to the wrong house!
This has been such a long process for you. I do hope that you are now seeing light at the end of the tunnel and you will be home, and in peace, soon. Good luck with the floors, the walls, the cabinets .... and all of it.
Goodness...chaotic is an understatement!
Good luck with getting it all back together again.
Post a Comment