Angel is feeling a bit better and has eaten three meals today. I spent the day in a flurry of phone calls with her vet, the Arizona pharmacy that will compound her latest thyroid medicine, and the specialist veterinary practice Angel's vet sends cats to for radio iodine treatment.
If Angel refuses the flavoured medication to be placed on her food, radio iodine treatment will be the only remaining option open to her. This apparently involves the injection of a small dose of radioactive iodine which shuts down the thyroid. Angel would remain in hospital for two days, then board for two weeks at her regular vet clinic. I chose boarding because she will be minimally radioactive for two weeks following the radio iodine injection and the vets advise keeping her away from other animals and keeping human contact minimal, both of which would be difficult in my small flat.
While the radio iodine treatment takes only minutes to administer, it is not cheap. Additionally, Angel would undergo several tests and an examination prior to this treatment, all of which are included in the $1350 I was quoted. I hope that the new medication works so we don't have to travel that road.
Angel got annoyed with my picture-taking antics. I finally caught her on the kitchen counter.
Until Next Time...
11 comments:
I got that radio-cat treatment for Armenia -- it's expensive but it does solve the problem, and it's terrific not to have to worry about giving meds afterwards.
I do hope that the treatment works really well. Yes, it is expensive but worth it for such a beloved pet. look forward to seeing the photo!
whew...i hope the meds work as well...glad angel is eating though
I'm glad she has picked up....and hope she takes to the medication!
That is good to know. Thanks for stopping by.
Thank you. She looks a bit the worse for wear but you are right. She a beloved little girl who deserves more than to spend last years in misery. How is your mother?
Me too. Loved your latest poem, BTW.
Fingers and toes crossed for that !
I hope she accepted the medication and didn't need to travel the more complicated and expensive route. And I hope she appreciates all the tender loving care she's receiving!
My dear e, I'm sorry to hear about Angel's illness. Hope the new medication works! She is such an adorable cat and I'm sending you and Angel lots of prayers to get well soon. Hope all is well with you, my dear and thank you so much for your kind words on my blog.
How much! I hope you don't have to travel that road too. Let's hope love and care wins out.
Post a Comment