Sunday, November 11, 2012

Angel At The Rainbow Bridge...

My dear Angel died tonight...

There is a widely circulated poem called the Rainbow Bridge, author unknown, that asserts the existence of a heaven for animals in which those who were ill are restored to health and vitality. They can run and play, enjoy sunshine, have plenty of food and water, but it is only when they finally glimpse and re-join their human friend that both are complete and content. You can find the poem on the Web.

I find it comforting to think of Angel as the active, playful and very vocal Siamese princess she once was. The other two cats and I are in shock since none of the major health crises Angel experienced were at all anticipated. Circumstances forced my hand and she was humanely euthanized earlier this evening. I will post more about this at a later time. Thanks to all of you who responded with kind words and wishes for her good health on my last post. Sadly, that was not to be.

Until Next Time...

9 comments:

Steve Reed said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. I know how much she meant to you. Losing a pet is so terrible. I'm thinking of you.

Brian Miller said...

hugs. i am sorry for your loss...and you know...if heaven is as grand a place, i imagine our pets will be there...smiles.

On These Spindrift Pages - A journal of nature, thought, and the reflective life. said...

My dearest e, My heart goes out to you after reading the death of Angel, your beloved cat. I can imagine it must be a blow as I know how much you adore her. It is not fair that the pets are not allowed to live as long as human. But if there is any consolation, she is in a better place now... an arch angel residing on, like the title of the poem, The Rainbow Bridge. Hugs, ASD xxx

the fly in the web said...

I am so sorry....thinking of you.

e said...

Steve, Brian, ASD and Fly,

Thanks much for all your kind words. Sadly, Angel's last hours were far from happy or peaceful and not at all expected by those treating her. Those of you who have lost a pet may understand the dismay and frustration that occur when things take a turn for the worst and cannot be reversed. This is an extremely sad time for me.

nick said...

Im sorry to hear that. Especially, as you say, since her ill-health wasn't anticipated.

I Wonder Wye said...

Oh no, I am so very sorry and sending you a ((HUG)). It is so unfair our best furry companions don't live as long as we can and the pain of such a loss only slightly diminishes over time. I have all four dear ones whose passings were difficult and know all too well how stressful and horrific it is.....on top of your whack-a-do neighbor, this is stretching the limit...hoping you can get away and that you will soon not remember how she died, but how your sweet Angel lived.

Barbara said...

Maybe Angel will meet up with Jake on the Rainbow Bridge. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Losing an animal is so heartbreaking.

Brian said...

Hi,

I have a quick question about your blog, do you think you could e-mail me?

Brian