Sunday, August 5, 2012
Just When I Was About To Open These...
Yesterday's gathering at a neighbourhood restaurant was wonderful. Everyone enjoyed the food and the company was superb. I received cards, gifts and a dozen long stemmed yellow roses which smelled divine. They have opened beautifully, too.
Unfortunately, I forgot to take my camera. After brunch, two women friends and I went out to do a few errands. I got home just at seven in the evening, and after a gorgeous day, it rained, so my usual roll through our complex was postponed. After placing my gifts and cards aside to open, I had a feline helper who got in the middle of everything, as you can see. I almost could not take these pictures because I was laughing so hard at his antics!
The roses have been sequestered in the bathroom shower, the only place from which the cats can't retrieve them and tear the flowers from their stems. Today, I am tidying and preparing for a few busy days ahead. I wish you all a great week.
Until Next Time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Cats..the eternal scene stealers...
I hope you can enjoy the roses even though they're in the shower! :)
Happy birthday my friend. I am glad you had a good day. The Birthday Story you wrote yesterday was very moving, and the pictures from today's post provided a perfect counterpoint.
Happy birthday of yesteday! I'm glad it was so nice, and I laughed too at your "helpers" because I remember how our cats used to "help" me!
Hope you had a happy day chook. Certainly sounds pretty good. I watch, Idon't comment much these days but good to see you alive and kicking. MWAH
So sorry I missed your birthday. Seems that it was a good one. Felicitations.
Thought I'd commented but evidently not. Glad you had a good birthday, including the enthusiastic feline contribution....
Dear e, thank you for asking how I am. I have been dealing with complicated family matters and considering that my blog stories are at an end. Much spiritual puzzlement has consumed my thoughts. But tonight I felt motivated to speak of things on my mind, so I'm visiting old friends like you. Happy belated birthday, and your musings on your mother resonated with me. Such an adventure, or quest, is living out our lives. Growth and sorrow, and experimentation, takes place at this point in our lives. It's an intriguing business. I wish you well.
Post a Comment