Saturday, June 2, 2012

A Picture For Those Who Wondered...

Yes, that is really my ear and one of the pearl earrings mentioned in the previous post. For those interested, the outing on Thursday was wonderful. My young neighbour and I were two of four adults in the theatre. Our film of choice was Salmon Fishing in the Yemen, which we both enjoyed thoroughly. I thought that my neighbour, who loves typical Hollywood fare, might not enjoy British humour. I was wrong. He loved it and was delighted by the story and the romance. He did say that this wasn't the kind of film one could leave and come back to without missing much and he is right about that.

The particular theatre we visited was a bit of a drive, but as the only venue currently showing this film, it was also lovely, except for some construction or remodeling, which we were able to avoid entirely, thanks to good signage. Being a weekday, there were no crowds and minimal traffic, so parking was a breeze. Seeing films during the week is a habit I could easily adopt. I am grateful that my neighbour was willing to make this trip since the public transportation between counties would have been dicey at best.

Until Next Time...

9 comments:

the fly in the web said...

Goregeous! Yes, I was wondering...

Steve Reed said...

I love the earrings! I'd pictured studs, rather than dangly pearls, so I'm glad you gave us a picture. Glad the movie was good. We skipped that one -- guess we'll have to rent it!

the walking man said...

Lovely earring. You have already been to more movies at the theater in two days than I have been to in fifteen years. Glad you stepped out of your cinematic comfort zone for the first and your friend did the same for the second. It's always good to shake yourself around every now and then.

Jenny Woolf said...

Beautiful earring. I am not surprised you couldn't resist the impulse buy. I want to see that film before it goes off general release. I hope the dive-y movie theatre was air conditioned at any rate!

The bike shed said...

Salmon Fishing in the Yemen has very mixed reviews here but I think I will like it - it sounds like a gentle film, which is good respite from the all-action stiff we are fed so often

e said...

It's very funny, often subtle...

e said...

I've become accustomed to being shaken about; Life has a way of doing that. Things get boring if they stay the same for too long.

e said...

Hello Jenny,

The theatre was very nice inside, extremely cold, so if one wanted to avoid the heat and humidity, a perfect solution. I hope you do get to see this as there are some funny bits...

e said...

Yes, it is a bit of a departure from that. I'm going to try and locate the book. Part of the success of the film is due to making the spin doctor a female, played wonderfully by Kristin Scott Thomas, who does well in any role she plays...