Monday, May 7, 2012

Frustration

To say that I'm at all pleased with the way I look sans clothing after working out since January would be a  lie. My trainer insists that losing the layer around my midsection is all about nutrition and I do watch what I eat, even measuring portions and beginning yet another food diary. Thus far, none of these things has made much of a difference and I am beyond frustrated at this point.

I've never been a particularly vain woman with regard to weight or appearance and still garner a fair number of compliments from men and women alike. My trainer is happy with my efforts because I am very strong and have steadily increased both the number of machines and the weights and reps with which I work.

I have no desire to be stick-thin, but I refuse to join the increasing numbers of people on this planet for whom obesity and associated health problems become a fact of life. I want to be as healthy as I can be but it feels like I am at an impasse and nothing is changing...

I am not a woman who sets goals and fails to meet them...

Until Next Time...

7 comments:

Sub Radar (Mike) said...

Keep it up! It hasn't been that long since January, sometimes change is slow, but it's -always- worth it.

Steve Reed said...

I'm glad to hear you've gained strength -- that's nothing to sneeze at. And muscle burns more calories than fat, so you'll gradually be shedding pounds, I'm sure. Can your trainer provide some specific dietary advice or alterations? Or if you really want to pursue it, you could even see a dietitian. I think, though, that Mike is right -- change is slow, but it will come with persistence.

the walking man said...

Belly fat is not about exercise but about nutrition. The type of carbohydrates and fats that are in your diet do make a difference. I stopped using as much processed grain products as possible substituting whole grains and dropped red meat (9% anyway) for fish and fowl and within two months dropped 20 pounds.

Alan Burnett said...

I am walking a similar path to yourself : but with little of your application or obvious success. My ambition is to be overweight - and I need to loose a few more pounds to reach that goal!

Ian Lidster said...

The problem with weight gain is that it pertains both to healthy and appearance. But I am not a male who is at all concerned with the esthetics of a little adiposity. Actually I find girly tummies awfully appealing.

the fly in the web said...

As one who is about to take a trip on a small plane for which I will have to be weighed the only appropriate weight loss tactic is a chainsaw to the anatomy.
I know of plenty of people who would oblige me....

bulletholes said...

I just started with a gym last Sunday...my birthday present to myself, so this is kind of discouraging. Hi E~