Wednesday, March 7, 2012

After Mammography: More Evaluation Needed

So says the letter I received today from the imaging facility that did my routine screening last week. I did attempt to contact my physician as the letter advised, but the clinic was closed. I have never had any findings from a mammography before. I hope this is nothing...

I hope everyone is having a good day.

Until Next Time...

8 comments:

English Rider said...

It may be just a messed up image that they must re-take (ouch!) or a bumpy breast due to certain monthly cycles. All kinds of freaking out are understandable but should be held in check, if possible. Mine was a total waste of energy. Hope yours is too.

tattytiara said...

English is right - boobs can contain all manner of lumps and bumps of the normal variety, and yes, tests do get screwed up, but you can be sure nobody's going to say that in writing. That all said, it's good they're being careful!

Anonymous said...

I have had multiple surgeries for stage three skin cancer so must now be checked every six months. I often get these scary letters or worse, phone calls from the receptionist telling me to make an appointment ASAP but only the doctor can tell me why.
I have learned not to get an ulcer over these inhumane calls, it usually amounts to nothing.
I'll say a prayer for you this evening just to be on the safe side.
X David

the fly in the web said...

A friend had a similar message, spent the weekend worried sick and found it was that was, as English Rider suggests, a problem with their blasted machine.
She found herself one of a crowd of very indignant ladies.
Fingers crossed for you.

nick said...

It's just one of those expressions that sounds a bit scary but probably means very little. Don't worry about it.

Ian Lidster said...

May it all be good for you.

Mike said...

I hope it is okay...

Steve Reed said...

I hope it's nothing too! My gut tells me they're just being super-cautious.