There appears to have been a bit of a discrepancy between the letter I received concerning my mammography and the report sent to my doctor. The doc says there is nothing to worry about...Although I am relieved about that, and the fact that she feels no further evaluation is necessary, I really must tip my hat to the nurses who responded to my calls, spoke to the doctor regarding the letter sent to me and contacted the imaging facility with regard to the letter to me and the report to my GP.
No further evaluation is needed as there is no evidence of cancer, so I will continue annual screenings.
Thanks to all of you who related your own stories and comments of concern. They were appreciated. My next adventure in diagnostic testing will be a colonoscopy. I hope that too is uneventful.
Until Next Time...
9 comments:
Well, I'm so glad you didn't waste energy worrying about it:) (OMG! did you tell them how awfull that was?)
I'm glad there's nothing to worry about, but I hope the imaging facility explores the reasons why you were sent that letter! Talk about creating unnecessary stress!
I have been away and therefore unable to follow what has been happening. I am just pleased that I return to blog-reading at a time of good news. Keep safe.
Oof!
Sounds like good staff backup there.
Good luck with the next one...
After all the crap medical procedures I have been through and gotten misdiagnosed over and had to be retested or re-cut on for...I am happy that A) your news was good when confirmed and B) that I will never have to go through one of those.
That's good that the nurses responded so quickly to your queries and put your mind at rest.
I am happy for you in your news. Having to wait for such information is always agonizing.
Hi E, I've been away for ages, just catching up, and pleased to hear that all is well! I've enjoyed reading through all your older posts that I've missed, too..
I hate getting mammograms so much more than colonoscopies. At least with the latter, you are not even aware of what is happening. BTW, I highly recommend being totally out for the colonoscopy. I once made the mistake of having "twilight sleep", that turned out to be more like a nightmare.
I'm glad your mammography showed nothing to be concerned about. I hope you will have equally benign results in the next round.
Post a Comment