I knew one of the Y's teeming numbers of little kids with runny noses would eventually do me in....
Last night, I crawled in bed exhausted at eight, slept until one and then into the late morning. It was not until I was fully conscious that I realised I was ill, something I have not been in over two years.
My day has been spent sleeping between large cups of hot tea and homeopathics and I've cancelled my appointments for the rest of the week. I was planning a couple of funny posts but those will wait until I feel at least somewhat human. My mother used to refer to sleep as beauty rest. If only rest would make us beautiful. At the moment, I feel quite ratty, and look it as well...
7 comments:
Wishing you a quick recovery
Helenxx
I never believed those Victorian pictures of beautiful...but supposedly ill...women.
When I'm ill I look the way I feel.
They should put health warning stickers on kids.
Look after yourself....
Oh no! Hope you feel better. My mom always referred to other little kids as "germ factories" and "big green viruses." :)
I will just have to accept your description of your appearance at the moment but then if you would stay off the computer, in the bed and ASLEEP the body may kick off the cold or flu quicker. But get as well as you can as soon as you can!
Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Add some lemon and honey to those hot mugs of tea. And just don't look in the mirror until you feel better!
By God, that sounds almost as bad as 'man flu'. Take care of yourelf, dear.
I am 'recovering' from a throat and lung infection, the GP hasn't given me any medication and says it will work its way out of my system. I am coughing all night and barely sleeping. During the day, All I've been doing is drinking lots of hot stuff and sleeping on and off - your description 'ratty' is so appropriate right now to me too.PS I think I caught the bug from my germy nephews and nieces too.
I do hope you are feeling much better now though. x
Post a Comment