I was almost finished deleting and condensing files when I came across these photos of my maternal grandfather. He was the adventurous type, taking a job three thousand miles outside his home country in a part of the world he had never before set eyes on. He and my grandmother raised three children and were there for almost all of their working lives. I came along during their mid-lives when they still had teens underfoot. The photo below was taken later, about 1961-62, when "cat" specs were all the rage.

11 comments:
What a cute picture with someone you obviously loved and trusted. He was a brave man to choose to work so far away. Good luck with the transfer of all your data and photos!
Love the cat specs.
Oh, you look soooo cool in your cat specs. The boys must have been impressed by your nonchalant poise.
what a wonderful pic...yeah i like the glasses...smiles. and bet it sure carries the memories....
Barbara, thanks, actually I deleted most and will start over.
Mrwriteon, those specs seem to have been popular with people of all ages.
Nick, some still are, apparently.
Brian, my abuelo lived to be 89. To me, he looks young in this photo.
We are undergoing the same new computer transition. May blessings rain on the new iMac.
Hi E. I really love old photos, such as this one.. Those specs are fabulous, indeed!
Glad you are getting sorted out with the new computer :)
Cat specs are always the rage!
I relly do like old photographs, so much more evocative than the colour kind these days.
Lovign those cat specs too :)
Great picture. Never, never, delete photographs. Sell your loved ones, mortgage the cat - but never delete photos.
Hello and good afternoon,
Enchanted Oak: Thanks and I hope your computer transition is seamless. It is always a pleasure to hear from you.
Karen: Thanks. The camera now needs sorting so I can continue with photos.
Baino: Strangely, I've not seen any recently...
Shaheen: Always lovely to hear from you. This photo is a particular favourite of mine.
Alan: Thanks I wish you'd dropped in before I hit the delete button...
Post a Comment