Getting out of bed proved absolutely useless...
Looking at the projected rise in the health insurance premium that is already a strain to afford renders you livid...
You realise that running away and joining the circus is a bit redundant since your life is already a circus...through no fault of your own...
13 comments:
yikes...hope today is a little better
Yes, I do object when cynical governments make a mockery of our attempts to cope with the systems they impose on us.
You sometimes wonder if anyone is thinking about the people who have to pay those premiums when they raise them yet again.
I hope there is something positive in your day today that rises above the problems you are facing.
If only Obama had managed to push through genuinely radical healthcare reforms so that nobody would pay anything for healthcare except taxes.
Sorry to hear you're feeling so despondent. But don't let the bastards grind you down....
I often feel like running away and joining the circus. I can't help but think shovelling elephant shit beats the hell out of shovelling bullshit. At least the former is the real thing.
I think it is dreadfully unfair that there are people in the world with far too much money and too much health insurance which they don't need. I think caring for one's health like education should be free.
I just saw your comment over at Nickhereandnow. I can't believe you're up for almost $1000 a month? Jesus that's a mortgage repayment for me. I agree, Obama has been a great disappointment in the health arena. Why his administration didn't look at some of the success stories of public health (Canada, UK, France) and emulate them I have no idea. Penalising those who cannot afford health care is just plain idiotic. Then if your system was socialised, half the country would be screaming in paranoia about the rise of socialism. It's sometimes not such a dirty word.
Yes, I have those days - though in the UK not so much about health insurance as about tax and fuel and more tax and fewer services, and more tax... I think it is all the more annoying because we know that as individuals there is so little we can do.
One of those days when the circus runs away and joins you, eh?
I have such days with much regularity. May your days get better soon.
With all its problems, the National Health Service we have over here is probably our greatest achievement ever. Puts empires and inventions into perspective. Wish I could send you some of it.
Life is a shit-storm over at our house as well so I sympathize and wish you better days...hug those kitties -- have you read Water for Elephants yet?? I really liked it (speaking of running off to join a circus...)
Thinking of you e.
Post a Comment