
It is a beautiful, balmy New Year's Eve here. The final day of 2010. Tomorrow, we'll begin a new decade.
While I'm not one to put stock in resolutions, I do have a list of things I've been doing or will do this year, barring the catastrophic. One is to update the design and links on this blog.
Another is to ask for two favourite book recommendations from each reader who feels like sharing.
I hope the new year brings you happiness, health and opportunities. Thanks for reading and leaving your comments!
10 comments:
happy new years...fav books...hmmm...
i enjoyed this year...
miles from nowhere by nami mun
spoken word revolution (poetry collection)
Same to you e. It's 10:37 am on 1/1/11 and 40 degrees celsius. Now that's 'balmy'. Not much of a reader but I'm enjoying the Larsson Millenium Chronicals at the moment.
Have a happy New Year!
As to books...one that I turn to when I am down or at a loose end is P.G. Wodehouse's 'Sunset at Blandings'.
His mastery of English is unsurpassed...and he makes me laugh like as drain. Not an author for the stiff upper lip British to read on trains or 'planes.
And a book to turn to again and again is Robert Tressell's 'The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists'.
Its setting may date, but never its message.
Happy New Year to You!
I have to think carefully about the book recommendations. I don't want to recommend anything crap.
Happy New Year 2011 and I'll get back to you :-)
Although everyone who has read it disagrees with my opinion I liked "THE IDIOT" by Dostoevsky and "A DAY IN THE LIFE OF IVAN DENISOVICH" by Solzhenitsyn.
It's been awhile since I've read Solzhenitsyn but I did enjoy both of them.
Happy New Year, e!
I often wish I lived near the water...a river, the ocean something. Seems like paradise to me.
Happy new year e!!!All the best for you!!:)
What a coincidence - I've just posted about two of my favourite books and then came to read your blog afterwards. The Robber Bride and Pollard are the titles, let me know what you think if you ever do read them. Happy New Year!
Lone Survivor http://www.amazon.com/Lone-Survivor-Eyewitness-Account-Operation/dp/0316067598
Under the Dome http://www.amazon.com/Under-Dome-Novel-Stephen-King/dp/1439149038/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1294316056&sr=1-1
Post a Comment