Thanks to those of you who have stayed around to wonder where I've been the last month. My apologies for the unintended hiatus. I wish I could relate some spur-of-the-moment adventure in an exotic locale but the truth is purely mundane, I'm afraid.
Remember when I promised you would be reading a few tidbits about films, an essay or two and perhaps some poetry??? I did not lie. I had several things selected, but life often interrupts best laid plans...
I was watching an off-beat spawn of Showtime and laughing when I felt the first frightening twinges of spasm in my left low back. Quickly becoming tighter than a fist, the pain eventually spread over my entire left side and into my hip and butt, and I knew it was back to the physical and massage therapists for me.
This problem dates from a motor vehicle accident almost six years ago, but it re-surfaces now and again, and is generally held at bay with a series of stretches and exercises I do daily with almost religious fervor.
Though I was able to book the massage therapist for a Saturday appointment, I would have to wait until Monday for a PT slot...So began a regime of heat, stretches, and ice. The first of what was to be four massages was a Godsend. I could actually sit without wanting to scream afterward...
I will probably conclude PT this week. The upshot is that Godot in his original condition did not provide sufficient back support, and sitting without that aggrevates the original problem. Additionally, I cannot just do my home regimen, it and other core strengthing exercises must become part of my fitness routine at the hospital.
Godot's backrest is now brimming with added padding...I have yet another birthday behind me and I'm wondering where the prized digital camera is hiding...Pardon me while I contort...I'll catch up with postings later this week.
Until Next Time...
14 comments:
Well, just don't overdo it, e! LOL. Oh dear me. Sorry about your back. I have a rather bad one too actually.
Will check back later to see all those aforementioned promised posts. :)
And yes, I'd like to see your fruit and veg too. LOL.
Sorry to hear about all that. But it sounds like it's on the mend now. I hope the discomfort doesn't interrupt your usual pleasures too much.
I do wish that your silence had been due to some wonderful trip to an exotic destination....
Oh so sorry to hear it sounds like you've been through the mill, I hope the new padding is doing the trick. Don't worry, I'm always lurking in the background. Feel better. Hells
Get well soon, my dear. I didn't realise the gravity of situation especially with your painful arm and sore body!! No wonder why you've been so quiet lately. I love your new design of your blog by the way...reminds me of fluffy cotton clouds. Take care of yourself x
I'm sorry to hear about your health condition.I wish you well,courage.Lovexx
ack. sorry about the back...hope it continues to feel better...good to hear from you. smiles.
I'd much rather vote for the exotic destination.
:(
Hope the PT works it all out!
I too am heavily invested in PT and massage therapy. I'm sorry to hear of your recent setback. I hope you continue to improve and that camera finds its way into your life before your next birthday.
Obviously you don't use good drugs?
Oh you poor thing. I'm also suffering a bit at the moment with my back, so I know how painful it can be. But then I've had a lot of trouble - as have you - with various ailments over the past 20 years and they can really pull one down.
Hope it all passes by very soon
Hi! Have to still go back and catch up.. hope you feel more comfortable soon, and a belated happy birthday to you!!
A hug from me to you.Keep smiling e xxx
Hopefully you feel better soon! I try to get a massage once or twice a month, it's the only thing that temporarily relieves the burning in my arms....
Physical therapy sounds like just the ticket to help you, good luck!
Post a Comment