Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I Know You're All Wondering...

The doctor's nurse called to say that my thyroid is normal and there was nothing on the scan. When I queried whether a problem was still in the offing because the bloodwork wasn't as it should be, she did not know. I asked her to have the doctor call me. No call yesterday and none today thus far...

This is good news, but the happy dance will need to wait until my questions are answered. Given the state of the U.S. medical system, that should be sometime in the next century, provided someone can find the paper on which my request was recorded...

In the interim, I venture to hospital for a workout, and leave you all with the following rather sarcastic reflections on modern life:


Whom did you think you were chasing?

Her head cocked, the question hangs in the air, unanswered...
It is clear, despite protestations to the contrary, that you are no White Knight,
Tilting at life's conundrums, gathering damsels perceived distressed...
Erudite at first glance, chinks in your facade reveal a mere terrified mortal…
Once more, a victim of your own grand delusions…

Fleeing intimacy’s final gaze…


**********************************************

One can do so much via e-mail and the Internet;
We've forgotten tact, courtesy and our grandmother's oft-uttered, "Treat as you would like to be treated."

There is the act of flaming; PLACING DESIRES, EPITHETS AND QUIXOTIC TURNS OF PHRASE IN CAPS, the equivalent of screaming, in case the person reading has suddenly forgotten that your words do have a point, and that you intend to make it, come what may.

Or the proverbial, "I can't risk talking to you in person right now because my emotions may get the better of me," leading inevitably to a mish-mash of words, which when translated result in the need for a clean break, and no further hyperbole onscreen or off.

A kiss-off Internet-style...

Tacky, and without merit as it may be, to which I say, with gusto: Amen!



Until Next Time and Still Wondering...

14 comments:

Brian Miller said...

smiles. i am glad that the scans came back clear...
dont get me started on healthcare..oh my...
an intriguing verse...
and i will try to STAY OFF THE CAPS, lol.

e said...

Brian; You, as always, are a true gentleman, and funny, too!

Barbara said...

I'm glad your thyroid is OK. Getting rid of that gland is no fun, let me tell you!

I Wonder Wye said...

Oh, damn -- glad to hear your news is good -- so far -- we are in fresh hell with Excy's impending heart surgery and dealings with drs and medical personnel and hospitals, so I do know what you mean...

nick said...

Good to know everything seems okay. I thought the US medical system was more efficient than that, but I've clearly been misinformed. The NHS is bracing itself for yet another reorganisation and a tsunami of job cuts.

Anonymous said...

Glad your results are good.
Have a nice day.

the walking man said...

Cool. Do doctors and their staff take a class called no news is good news?

Baino said...

Good that the thyroid's behaving although here, you'd be unlikely to receive results over the telephone. Youd have to front up and receive them directly from the Doctor but yes a 'kiss off' by any electronic media is a cowardly act in my view. I prefer the intonation of a well placed exclamation mark myself.

Megan said...

This new layout is utterly fabulous.

As are you.

Choclette said...

Doesn't sound as though you have been having much fun recently so do hope things start improving soon. Glad the thyroid tests are clear. The medical profession seem to be going down the pan over here too.

tattytiara said...

All caps make always make me giggle. Everything I say becomes AUTOMATICALLY MORE IMPORTANT AND PROFOUND WHEN I WRITE IT REALLY BIG!!!

I'm happy to hear the happy news indeed.

Your blog looks really, really, really nice. One of my favorite layouts ever.

the fly in the web said...

We have had all too much experience of doctors, hospitals, nurses and paying for it all...very curate's egg, I find.
Do hope you have good news.

Enchanted Oak said...

I understand about waiting to do the happy dance until your questions are answered, but maybe a preliminary jig is in order? The poem is powerful. I'm sad about the kiss-off.

French Fancy... said...

I am glad that nothing untoward was found. The USA medical system always asonishes me - what do poor people do if they do not have the money to pay for health advice? It seems so unfair from a country that I always thought was a fair and just society