A recent call from family in California revealed that stepsister, with whom I was to stay on the previously mentioned and long-anticipated trip, has ripped her meniscus and must have surgery around the time I was to have arrived.
Since recuperation and house guests are not a good mix, she asked that we postpone the visit until all is mended and she is able to get around.
I will, of course, do as she asks. However, I am deeply disappointed as well as a bit flustered at trying to communicate this to the airline involved...
I will assuage my feelings in the hospital gym. Those of you interested in future postings will be happy to know that two are planned as I write, and include photos and interesting links.
I also have another concerning films in the offing...
Until Later...
8 comments:
I hope your CA trip is eventually reinstated as mine was. It's worth waiting for! But I know that feeling of disappointment when your plans are changed, not by your choice.
Hey Liz -- I'm so sorry the trip didn't work out! (What's a meniscus, BTW?) Hopefully you can reschedule sometime soon...
Awww, that sucks when you are looking forward to something and it does not happen!
e, ouch! Sending out some healing rays to all! And I know too well the having to put off a planned journey :( Take care luv :)
Aww so there goes your meeting with Meg . . never mind darls. Hopefully you can reschedule. And good luck to your step sister. Hmmm . .hospital gym . . could be exceedingly funny if not politically incorrect!
Sorry to hear about the disappointing news, E. Go and attack that gym!
I have only just noticed the "OED word of the day" on your side bar, which I love! It has probably been there for a while, actually?
Oh, how I wish I could say "stay with me!" but I don't even have a couch you could sleep on. :(
Did you ever read Anne of Green Gables and how excited she is to be able to sleep in the spare room bed? Someday, hopefully I will have one of those to offer.
xoxo
Oh that's so disappointing when you have been looking forward to such a promising trip! Hope your sister's knee mends soon :)
Post a Comment