Sunday, March 1, 2009

Rain


Rain
Watching the sky slowly stew before graying
I felt
Before seeing,
tiny droplets pelt
the surface of my shoulders.
First shy, then insistent,
a lover's fingers
brushing, then caressing skin,
drawing a surprised breath
at the mysteries of full embrace.
Poem and Photo By E.
March 1, 2009

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

e, many a storm I've seen develope. And I love the second part here. You romantic, you 8^)!

e said...

Hi Torp,
Me, too!

Val said...

beautiful...both!

Megan said...

Wow.

Steve Reed said...

I like your last two lines, especially. I miss Florida rainstorms! :)

Merle Sneed said...

What a terrific post. Thanks for sharing it.

karen said...

lovely, E, thanks!

Coffee Messiah said...

Quite nice! ; )

mouse (aka kimy) said...

rain has so many moods....beautiful capturing of the comforting and caressing nature of rain

Reya Mellicker said...

I've felt love for the rain, too. This morning I felt love for the soft little white stars that fell (in great quantities) from the sky.

We got about 8" of snow! It was beautiful.

e said...

Thanks everyone for your kind remarks regarding this post. It sprang to mind suddenly and with no editing on my part after reading another Blog.

Sometimes Bloggers are quite inspirational.

Avid Reader said...

You are very romantic. (thought I left a comment here yesterday!)

Avid Reader said...

watching the sky before the chaos begins is always ---well meaningful somehow -- I never thought of it before but with warm rainstorms the sky does slowly stew...

I like the word ...fingersbrushing...

Barbara said...

The photo (almost) makes me homesick for Florida. The poem describes the Florida rain so well.

Anonymous said...

lovely and sensuous ...

xxx
rdm

Cyndy said...

Beautiful photo,
Beautiful poem.