Dad with a Red Snapper, circa 1967.
Photos and Text Property of E,
February 11, 2009.
Fish Mola from Panama

Fish
Swim in schools
No doubt wondering
What we're thinking...
Invading their space
With everything from
Strange feet and toes to
Tempting morsels on poles.
Sometimes on boats, perhaps on floats, often only for contest or sport,
We bring them, beautiful and shimmering, from the depths,
to our waiting plates and paletes,
No compunction
Felt.

19 comments:
wow that is some red snapper!! looks like it was work to pull that sucker in.
kudos on probably being the first fish post for tt!!
beautiful mola
Thanks, Kim. I hope you have a good visit with Tut and daughter!
E,that thing's way bigger than the ones we were catching in Chesapeake Bay( when we weren't catching trash or turtles-and NO turtles were harmed during our little excursion :)). I've still got to type up my TT post. On the morrow...
Dearest 'e' -
I love the personal photos - i agree with kimy - WOW, big fish. And I've always loved molas. I remember my high school art teacher had a number of them.
And I like your 'fish words!' Nice tt post. Mine is ready - darkly themed ...oh well.
I'm sad to read you're out of sorts today. But I DO understand why. Especially the loss of a friend over the weekend. Sometimes it feels as though we all are grieving something in our lives.
Sending you big, comforting hugs, a cup of steaming assam tea (you'll love the taste, mule's promise!) And healing heart prayers.
xoxo
rdm
ps. oh and xoxo from Lola, too. I AM scrambled these days. I'm the last person who should attempt two blog 'personae'!
Toes must be so bizarre for fish!
Will you email me? reyasdottir@verizon.net. We can set up a time when I can send you Reiki. Thanks.
Your verse is terrific... super post
First Fish! nice oics and poem.
Red Snapper and Led Zepplin, I think it was...
Maybe it was the Stones.
that is such a huge fish, I couldn't imagine hooking something like that --especially since I don't actually fish. I'd need to start way smaller.
I wonder if fish see humans swimming and think -- another one of those weird sea creatures--
I'm almost certain that they think humans are weird, and let's face it, we have a whole spectrum of weirdness that they could never imagine!
We've done quite a job reeking havoc on their parts of the planet...
I'm beginning to feel a tad guilty about eating fish...
Good poem- is it yours?
Hi Cinnamon, and All,
It's nice to meet you. The Fish Verse is indeed mine, and thanks everyone for your compliments.
The snapper came from just off the coast of Panama, I believe. I wish now I could ask about that but my dad's no longer around, and I wasn't on that trip. I would have been about seven then.
Yoiks what a fish.
Lovely 'fish words', e! Kudos from me, too!!!
i love your fish's eye's view
(doesn't quite sound right, I hope you know what I mean)
Love the pics and how so many of TT fish posts have been about memories of time spent with family. I found your blog through Coffee Messiah!
...good to the last drop!
A proud moment for your Dad, that is a beauty red snapper.
just came to re-read what i said, in light of your comment on mine
"doesn't sound quite right" was referring to my comment/grammar - not to your verse!
:-)
Dear Glennis, Skybridge and Lettuce,
My dad loved to fish...I think he went with some friends on the trip the photo is from, and they only caught that fish the whole time...The size of the one made up for all the others they didn't catch!
Thanks for stopping by.
Post a Comment