


These trees have stood for more than fifty years. It is unusual to find so many in one area; that is one of the few attractions in this landscape. If you look carefully, you'll notice a change in the sky from pale blue to the milky gray that often signals a coming storm.
Photos and Text Feb. 15, 2009;
Property of E.
12 comments:
I love trees.
Storm approaching here, too. Supposed to be quite a bit of rain.
But what I really came over here to say was thank you for the very intelligent and interesting comment you left over at my place today. Excellent points, all and you made me think on the subject some more, which is a good thing!
So thank you.
You are most welcome. As you have pointed out in another posting, I've had an interesting life. I am glad to use what I know to help others.
E, thanks for the tip on the book, Your Money or Your Life. I will look it up. Best Wishes.
I just finished a poem on trees( well one in particular ). e, you must've read my mind! I long to visit the Redwood Forest...someday.
I do love the silhouette of Live Oak trees. It takes over 100 years for them to get that large. When they reach that size and age, to prevent them from falling over in large storms, they are often filled with concrete in their centers. The outer layer right below the bark (cambium) is the only living tissue of a tree / woody plant.
Funny how I can't remember what I ate yesterday, but random facts from a horticulture class in college still stick!
xxx
rdm
RDM,
Thanks for the horticulture information; I love these trees and the beauty they add; trees are actually the lungs of our planet, in a way.
Thanks for stopping by; I hope you are doing okay?
wow - with the exception of evergreens no leaf action on our trees! when i lived it texas I always found it odd how in winter there were all these trees (live oaks) that had leaves on all year long.....
we've had off and on periods of lake effect snow for the last few days....the sky is gorgeous right now blue with huge puffy white clouds with various silvery and gray shadows - a very painterly quality
i'm ok.
thanks for asking. :)
I've never been to Texas; so many sides to it.
We went to Kenyon, Oberlin, Case Western, and Earlham. A true roadtrip, made truly memorable, enjoyable, and comfortable (and a few more -ables) because Kim was our host for part of our journey.
i love trees too, and breezes shaking the leaves a little.
It looks so lush! Our landscape won't look like this for several months.
Thanks for the blast of green!
re your query in your comment on the mouse. i once lived in fort worth where there are plenty of live oak trees. haven't lived there for a long time (since feb 81 to be exact) but return often as it is a place I picked up some roots.....
in fact will be returning in april....and I hope it won't be too late for spring wildflower season.
the life of this mouse is an open book if one puts together all the little pieces on mm.....
now, as far as your blog goes it you are quite mysterious..... we don't know other than the united states as to where you live....but that's cool mysteries are americans' favorite genre, eh??
Post a Comment