Photo taken by me, September, 2008, in a town and county over the bridge from my own. This was my first attempt at using my digital camera. I do not know the artist or anything about the exhibit as this was taken from a friend's car window as we were passing by... Rather eye-catching, I thought.
I think they are either sculptures of sea birds or ducks--whatever they are, they're interesting. Human creativity is fascinating in its varied manifestations, no?
wow - a photograph from a moving car - and no blurring!! the sculpture looks cool. i'd have begged the driver to stop so I could look closer. Then again, I'm usually late to everything - a character flaw!
Keep photo-ing and posting the pix. This is quite fun!
Those questions will take me a bit to complete. They are far better than the typical silly inquiries one sometimes encounters. Thanks for your interest. I will make it worth your time. Barbara also interviewed me and I will post the replies to those questions soon.
Hello! I am not sure, but at first, I assumed they were sea birds...
We did pull to the curb and stop just in time to snag the photo, so it wasn't taken from a moving car. I had to more or less hang my upper body and my camera out the window, no easy feat for me!
10 comments:
Why are they all so tall or are those trees? Otherwise, they look like the combination of a giraffe and a bird!
hello e; I like those trees.
B and tut-tut,
Welcome.
I think they are either sculptures of sea birds or ducks--whatever they are, they're interesting. Human creativity is fascinating in its varied manifestations, no?
It's hard to take a decent photo from a moving car! Great job! (Was this in St. Pete?)
Have fun in India, Steve! Did you ever find the information that I inquired about?
wow - a photograph from a moving car - and no blurring!! the sculpture looks cool. i'd have begged the driver to stop so I could look closer. Then again, I'm usually late to everything - a character flaw!
Keep photo-ing and posting the pix. This is quite fun!
Ok e ... here are your five questions, new friend:
1. 'Life in Progress' is a new blog. Why did you start 'blogging'?
2. You are a writer, a nomad, and a librarian. Of the three, which one describes you best and why?
3. Name your favorite childhood book (age 12 or younger) and explain how it impacted your life.
4. What do you value most in a friendship?
5. What is the most courageous step you have taken in your life?
good luck! I cannot wait to read your answers and learn a bit more about you!
xxx
rdm
interesting! they seem to be combos of birds and trees! i'm sure I can see a flamingo hiding round the back..
Greetings RDM,
Those questions will take me a bit to complete. They are far better than the typical silly inquiries one sometimes encounters. Thanks for your interest. I will make it worth your time. Barbara also interviewed me and I will post the replies to those questions soon.
Karen,
Hello! I am not sure, but at first, I assumed they were sea birds...
We did pull to the curb and stop just in time to snag the photo, so it wasn't taken from a moving car. I had to more or less hang my upper body and my camera out the window, no easy feat for me!
Post a Comment