Saturday, June 27, 2026

Living Ground Hog Day

 Mercy came home on Tue after pooping her heart out unbidden at her vet. There has not been a repeat performance here since her return and she is on Miralax per instructions to see if things improve. Should they not. the next step is anti-anxiety medication. I have never seen this behavioral problem in a cat and I feel for her. This is a re-living of the last days all over again. Same non-poop, different day, so to speak.

Your good thoughts are appreciated.


9 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

Sending lots and lots of good thoughts to you both.

Barbara said...

Sending all the good thoughts.
Xoxo
Barbara

Boud said...

I'm glad she's home again. I'm guessing she's still working out the confusion of being away from home when you were convalescent, then home again. She's a fine tuned cat. I hope you're doing well, too.

Bless said...

Aw, poor Mercy and poor you, too, having to deal with it all. I hope that Mercy will adjust well to being home again. Hope you are keeping well, too.

Steve Reed said...

Do the vets have any advice on how to reduce her anxiety at home, aside from medication? She may just need some time to readjust after having stayed at the vet for so long. Is there such a thing as high-fiber cat food, or something to help her system along naturally?

e said...

I am going to speak to my usual vet after she returns from her vacation as Mercy is behaving normally but for her pooping. Mercy did go today finally so perhaps the Miralax is putting her right at last.

Bless said...

Hope you and Mercy are keeping well, e. Have a lovely weekend.

Wisewebwoman said...

I saw your update so hopefully her meds have taken over and stopped her bowel trouble. I hope you are doing well also my friend.
XO
WWW

Boud said...

Thinking about you, e, and hoping you and Mercy are going well.